Wisconsin River below the Prairie du Sac Dam

• raysresort
    Sauk City, WI

Fishing the Wisconsin has picked up the past few weeks with the water dropping to near normal levels. The whities are tearing up the water recently and top waters seem to be the hot ticket for them tho my son did land a 2lb 12 1/2 ounce/17incher trolling a rapala around the creekbed just above the wingdam.
    SOme nice smallies being caught and an angler here boated a just under 2lb gill at the dam over the holiday weekend. That one is going on the wall!
    The little bay behind Rays is producing the smallies and the gills are hitting down there as well around some logs.
    Pike are getting agressive with several of them netted the past few weeks including one by my brother thowing a fathead in the water for eyes just down the shoreline from the wingdam.

For the eyes, I’ve taken to trolling on several occasions this week. Wednesday evening I trolled from the rock point just below the island at the dam up along the west side of the island and along the big rock bar. A glass #4 white shad rap was definately the ticket with my partner and I landing 23 walleye and sauger in 2 1/2 hours with 5 keepers out of the lot.

Trolled again last night for an hour or so just before dark from around 8-9pm down here from the rocky point just above the trestle to the rock bar behind Rays. Again I was using the #4 white shad and a guest I took out was using a #5 blue/silver with orange bottom shad. He landed the sauger and myself the eyes with 8 caught in that hour. Two legals were a 15 1/2″ sauger and a very fat 18″ eye. Most were caught coming up the west shore from the point by the trestle.

Til next time! Good luck!

Jerry

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.