Wired garage door opener

• deertracker

Anyone have a wired garage door opener with a keypad that they like? I’m tired of my universal wireless not always opening the garage door. I found the one below on Amazon but cant find much info on it.

Thanks in advance, DT

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

The button on the wall is an open contact that closes when you push it. I am sure you could wire that pad up to the garage door opener at the same spot where you have the 2 wires coming from the button. I don’t think there would be much to any of them.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

What brand of door opener?

deertracker

I believe lift master but I’ll double check when I get home.
    DT

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I have the same problems, have to push enter acouple times to get to work some days.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have the same problems, have to push enter acouple times to get to work some days.

I have to do the same with my universal remote to a lift master opener. But at most I hit enter 2 maybe 3 times and it works.

deertracker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>

I have to do the same with my universal remote to a lift master opener. But at most I hit enter 2 maybe 3 times and it works.

I’ve had days where I hit ENTER maybe 20 times and then re-enter the password another 10 times and then hit random numbers and it opens. LOL. It never fails though that it always closes right away. flame
    DT

iowa_josh

Sometimes cheapo LED bulbs interfere with the signal but it would affect remotes as well. Keypads just get old as well. I just replace them. That wired one wouldn’t work on a newer opener. Luck.

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

I put one of the myQ Smart Garage Hubs in and I love it.

The main box mounts in the garage, connects to both Wi-Fi and the RF signals of your existing GDO (mine controls both of my doors). A battery powered sensor gets placed on the door to report back position status. You do the rest from your phone.

I can pop my garage door if I’m standing right next to it or if I’m on the other side of the planet. I don’t even know my PIN any more…

https://www.myq.com/products/smart-garage-control

Beast

Sometimes cheapo LED bulbs interfere with the signal but it would affect remotes as well. Keypads just get old as well. I just replace them. That wired one wouldn’t work on a newer opener. Luck.

This,mine drove me nuts until I removed the LED’s I think I read that they make LED’s that won’t interfere with remotes now.

iowa_josh

Yeah, it is completely random.

deertracker

I would assume that’s only when they are on though correct?

The wifi option would be ideal but I live in an apartment and my internet won’t hit the garage.
    DT

iowa_josh

I theory, yes. It isn’t the LED itself, it is the power converter that runs them. It can be anything that converts 120ac to DC power. Sometimes you just can’t find the source. Sometimes you get lucky and can just shut the lights off and everything works.

If the keypad has one sticky button it will be unreliable and drive you insane. If the problem is just the keypad and reception for the remotes is ok, I would start there.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Maybe the problem here is really the use of a “universal” wireless remote, rather than the manufacturers OEM model? Some days you get what you pay for.

HRG

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Maybe the problem here is really the use of a “universal” wireless remote, rather than the manufacturers OEM model? Some days you get what you pay for.

HRG

Most likely why he was asking about a direct wired controller

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.