Winnie Boat Launch Ramps

• BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

We’re heading up to Winnie tomorrow and have heard the ramp where we usually put in (3rd River Flowage) is blocked by a bog.
    Anyone have recommendations for another nice public ramp?
    Thanks!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

We’re heading up to Winnie tomorrow and have heard the ramp where we usually put in (3rd River Flowage) is blocked by a bog.
    Anyone have recommendations for another nice public ramp?
    Thanks!

there’s one called 3 birches. Pretty decent public access. It’s on the road to high banks resort on the east side.

If you know where the gosh damn place is on HWY 46 your close.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Thanks for the info!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Thanks for the info!

waytogo glad I could be of some help. Good luck. I’ll be about 50 miles northeast of you in the bowstring area.

CBMN
    North Metro

Birches landing is a bit beat up the last few years and can be a bit tricky with a west or northwest wind. Plug hat is right above the dam and generally decent. cut foot has some decent landings also.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Birches landing is a bit beat up the last few years and can be a bit tricky with a west or northwest wind. Plug hat is right above the dam and generally decent. cut foot has some decent landings also.

you got that right with the wind!!

I haven’t been there in several years. Surprised to hear it’s beat up. Winnie is one of those lakes, we usually manage to get to after a good thunderstorm. And it’s usually shoulda been there yesterday.:???:

Mike West

Used Nodaks lodge quite a few times. Beleive it was 10.00.
    Nice ramp with protected harbor. Great parking and fish cleaning shack.
    It’s on the south side, just north off of HWY 2 and just east of Denny’s resort.

Mike West

Sorry, just West of Denny’s

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.