Winni first time end of Sept advice?

• Ben Hesse

Looking for any advice not spots on Winni for this Sept. I’m guessing all shallow and from what I’m told it could be spinner with a minnow?? Does anyone pull cranks after dark up there or is that not a thing lol. Thanks and good luck to everyone this fall

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Definitely troll cranks after dark. During the daytime a jig and a minnow works well.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Not sure about fall up there but cranks after dark is normally good in the summer on the lake… I will say that lake in the dark is a bit intimidating, for me at least. This Iowa guy is not used to being on water that big, without lights around the shore line from all the houses that surround our lakes. First time I was on center bar after sunset it was a good thing I had GPS to get home and keep a heading while trolling. It was not so easy as just keep the bow light and the 3rd dock from the left with the Hawkeye Flag in line!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My buddy guides on Cass, he likes giant 5-10″ redtails this time of year.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Not sure about this late in the year but we hit the northern flats/ reefs and lindy rigged gold spinners and crawlers pulled at .8-1.2. By that time of year they will probably be up shallow though and while that should make it easier, for me I’m just not good at it. Good luck and hope for good weather when they say breezy it means 2-3 footers. shock

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Not sure about this late in the year but we hit the northern flats/ reefs and lindy rigged gold spinners and crawlers pulled at .8-1.2. By that time of year they will probably be up shallow though and while that should make it easier, for me I’m just not good at it. Good luck and hope for good weather when they say breezy it means 2-3 footers. shock

i was just up in that area this past week……talked to some guys from Iowa and thats what they said where the guide took them on Winnie. they dod fish cutfoot also.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Only tried cut foot a little but could not find them there.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I would take a 20 gauge and chase Grouse in that area! toast

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Shallow, under 12ft, you’ll catch fish doing whatever you want!

Ben Hesse

Thanks for reply’s I will give the night trolling a try but hoping the pitching bite is going. I would love to pitch to some shallow eyes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.