Wild turkey breast cordon blue

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I just made this tonight and it was outstanding.

One wild turkey breast fillet it in half thickness wise the pound it flat. Lay ham slices on top of the flat breast, the your favorite cheese slices(I like pepperjack) on that. Roll the breast into a roast and tie it up with bakers twine. Brown all sides in shallow pan with olive oil. The cook in oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes until internal temp reaches 150 degrees.

Attachments:
    1. 20160102_181416.jpg

2. 20160102_181108.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Oh my, that looks great!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I still have a few Wild Turkey breast to get out of the Freezer. I may have to try this. Never been a huge fan of wild Turkey. Or any turkey for that matter.

sticker

My wife hates wild turkey and has refused to eat it the last few years. She tried this and loved it, even went back for seconds.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Gonna have to give this a try looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Hoyt4
    NULL

I need to shoot a few this spring to try. I have been craving doing this just empty freezer. I do not know how anyone cannot like wild turkey it taste great if made right.

I’m jealous you still had one left to try this out.

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Sticker great recipe thanks for sharing. Hope you don’t mind, but I have to share this on the fishing side of IDO. Like you said the wife even ate it. I did use mozzarella.
    Thanks again.

Attachments:
    1. 20160228_202144.jpg

2. 20160228_203214.jpg

sticker

Looks awesome!!! Share it with anyone. I stole if from Midwest Whitetail, who shared it on a public forum. Glad you liked it.

They also had a glaze to go with it, but I wasn’t crazy about the glaze. Too much apple cider vinegar that was over powering. I can get that recipe too if someone wants it.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Sticker:

Congrats, you did exactly what you needed to do, and I love cordon bleu… My wife ate the the hell out of the meals from two birds ago and with one year in between thought she wouldn’t like it again… Then she cooked and ate it with the last bird, like I explained in my other post. As long as it is not overcooked, you really can’t go wrong. I did filet the thighs off the legs too…

Mark

P.S. > You might be able to tone that apple cider recipe down too, throw it up and let’s see what some peeps might suggest to make changes to it…

sticker

Here is the glaze:
    Glaze ingredients
    ½ cup butter
    ½ cup brown sugar
    ¼ cup pure maple syrup
    ¼ cup honey
    ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
    ¼ cup bourbon
    1 pinch salt and black pepper
    1 tbls worcestershire sauce
    ½ squeezed orange

Or you can watch the whole video here
    video

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.