Wild rice

• B-man

Ha good timing bringing this thread back to life Suzuki, I was going to start a rice thread this week.

I’m going to take the boys out in a week or so to get as much rice as we can to transplant for habitat improvement.

On our land we have a small creek that runs through the middle, with multiple beaver dams holding back rice-friendly water depths. There’s a big patch of rice on the lake across the street that we’re going to go after.

Last night we picked out a tree in the yard that’s going to make a great push pole (it forks into three prongs on the end like an eagle claw), and trimmed some cedar branches in the yard to make ricing sticks mrgreen

They barely got started on them last night, and their goal today was to get all of the bark stripped and the sticks cut to legal length today

I’ll post more pics of when I get home of their progress waytogo

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20220830_010518116.PORTRAIT-scaled.jpg

2. PXL_20220830_010722512.PORTRAIT-scaled.jpg

Gino DeGuiseppi

A little to far away for me also but thanks for the offer.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Suzuki, if you were closer to me in central MN I would take you up on that. How does the rice look this year over there? It’s real spotty around here. Hope to get a couple hundred pounds this weekend.

It looks robust. My patch varies with some areas too shallow now but others just right filling in the gaps. I grabbed the head off one last weekend and thought it didnt look near ready but what do I know. Here’s a pic from late last year. Everything in brown is rice and it keeps going left and right.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200926_165532185-scaled.jpg

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.