Who has used Buckshot Flutter Spoons?

• Al Case

I just watched a video from NE South Dakota where the fisherman was having great luck with an orange UV Buckshot Flutter Spoon on walleyes and perch. Anyone else using these and what kind of luck are you having with them? Favorite colors and sizes?
    Al

We are doing really good on Leech Lake with them and in that color. Lots of big walleyes hitting them. The purple ones work well too.

M. Rowe

I had a guide tell me that the “clown” color worked good on our metro lakes for the eyes.

Yesterday, I landed 3 beautiful perch using one. The fish wanted nothing to do with anything else!

King Dinger
    Mn

I caught some nice eyes on the UV pink and white ones on Red.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

The yellow and orange electric perch color is always my go to for Northland Buckshots and the New Buckshot Flutter spoon. Just got back from NE SD also with a nice mix of walleye and Jumbos. I catch alot of walleyes in the east metro on this same lure.

Attachments:
    1. NE-SD-.jpg

AaronMoore

I used them for the first time this weekend and caught eight trout on them while my father-in-law got a skunk, so far so good )

bullcans
    Northfield MN

What size do you guys prefer for Perch and eyes?

Al Case

Nice fish, Matt. I’m from Watertown, SD but live in The Cities. I’ll be going back to SD in a week or two and will start with the flutter spoons when I do.
    Can’t wait until I retire in two years and move back there.
    Thanks for the replies, guys.
    Al

jon morris

Im also heading to sd in a few weeks last year we didnt do that well for perch like we expected. Do you guys like to tip them with a minnow head or waxies for perch and eyes?

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I switched back and forth between 1/16th and 1/8th oz spoons on this trip. The funny thing was on the particular lake we were fishing most my walleyes were caught on spikes and all the jumbos were caught on minnow heads… also having a deadstick nearby with nothing but a split shot, #12 treble, and crappie minnow was working well for jumbos too.

JFan02

We were on Mille Lacs on Sunday and my brother-in-law was doing amazing with the 1/8 oz red buckshot flutter. The eyes were crushing it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.