Whitefish

• walleyevision

Has anyone been having any luck chasing eyes on the chain? What depth are you finding them at? We’re bumping into a couple, but it’s been slow.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

I was told to, “Troll as deep as possible.” Whatever that is worth, he was fishing Trout.
    I was also told to, “Get to my spot at 8:30, catch two walleyes, then head in.”

I will be up there next weekend. If I can avoid being hit by a jetskier and manage to put one in the boat I will report back.

walleyevision

We caught a couple at dusk/night on a few nights over the fourth of July. We were fishing weed edges in about 16fow.

munchy
    NULL

I was on Cross and Rush a few days last week chasing bass and couldn’t keep the 12-15″ eyes off the dropshot. Fishing the weed lines and weedy sunken islands.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I was on Cross and Rush a few days last week chasing bass and couldn’t keep the 12-15″ eyes off the dropshot. Fishing the weed lines and weedy sunken islands.

Yes, how annoying to have all those “nuisance” walleyes when when your just trying to catch a bass. flame

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Munchy wrote:</div>

Yes, how annoying to have all those “nuisance” walleyes when when your just trying to catch a bass. flame

Glad we can agree Andy! wave

patk
    Nisswa, MN

couldn’t keep the 12-15″ eyes off the dropshot.

Might be a problem I would like to have jester Dropshotting isn’t really part of my skill set but looking for new twists when fishing Gull.

Justin riegel

what depth are the weedlines in this chain? I am heading up there sunday for a week. staying on cross but looking to fish whitefish as well.

walleyevision

What kind of plastics were you using?

munchy
    NULL

Strike King 3x Elaztech Finesse worm, in Watermelon (during clouds)and Watermelon Red Flake (during sun)

With about a 3 foot drop leader.

Whenever I dropped my UW camera down, there were fish suspended everywhere from just above the weeds to about 6 feet up.

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>walleyevision wrote:</div>

Strike King 3x Elaztech Finesse worm, in Watermelon (during clouds)and Watermelon Red Flake (during sun)

With about a 3 foot drop leader.

Whenever I dropped my UW camera down, there were fish suspended everywhere from just above the weeds to about 6 feet up.

Were you catching them all day or just during prime times?

munchy
    NULL

Surprisingly most were during mid-day. They seemed to be traveling in large schools and if you stayed on a spot you’d go 20-30 minutes between flurries. But when they came in they were not shy. I bounced around to a dozen or so spots between the two lakes and it was mostly the same.

Justin riegel

Surprisingly most were during mid-day. They seemed to be traveling in large schools and if you stayed on a spot you’d go 20-30 minutes between flurries. But when they came in they were not shy. I bounced around to a dozen or so spots between the two lakes and it was mostly the same.

Thanks for the help my mom has the cabin for a week,I plan on bringing my family up sunday thru friday. I ahve not been there for 10 years and i did not do any serious fishing back then when i was up there

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.