White water state park

• crappies

Just wondering what the regulations for trout fishing at the park is? 12″-16″ one over 16″.. 5 limit. Artificial bait only. Couldnt find anything on barbless hooks or not? Also what spinner size and recommendations? Im not a big trout fisherman but want to start. Thanks for any info guys. Good luck fishing to all, its that time of year!

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I would expect barbless would be mentioned if they are required. I know WI did away with the barbless requirement a few years ago. It looks like the Whitewater regs are different depending on whether you’re on the North Branch, Middle Branch or Trout Run Creek. You pretty much have to comb thru them these days as they are commonly water specific. You also have the option of the South Branch of the Whitewater which I believe is not in the park. The South Branch may be worth checking out as it may have more favorable regs. The main stem might be worth looking at as well. It would be low volume fishing but a chance for bigger fish.

Good Luck.

David Blais

Stretches of the streams have different regulations. You’ll have to look at a map and figure out which stretches your fishing. 00 and 000 meps always work good down there. Just be prepared to donate a few. The gas station in elba is a good place to check things out. You also can’t beat a crawler with a #6 or #8 tru turn/sudden death red hook.

crappies

Thanks for the info guy greatly appreciated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.