White bear west access?

• tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I’m thinking of heading out to the Holes for Heros tournament in front of the vfw on the west side of white bear tomorrow. Is the closest acces bellaire? Anyone know if it is safe to get to the vfw from there?

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Sorry — no help here. Been fishing the mpls chain lately?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I would go from Bel Aire. Unless they open the VFW access to the public for the event. Should be plenty safe to get over there from Bel Aire. The snow will be the problem. Been seeing a lot of people stuck the last week. Also the it’s incredibly rough out there from all the yahoos whipping donuts and digging into the snow from the previous big snowfall. The ruts are everywhere and deep.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

We went to bellaire and started driving but just gave up and didnt go to the tournament. It was rough going with a wheelhouse and snow was falling.

Seems like a glitch in organization to not have access. I had an email out to the organizer and called the vfw. Vfw said they had access, then the organizer emailed and said no. Later that night i talked with guys who said they saw people driving on by the vfw.

I invited people, had a ticket and was ready to go – bummer.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

That’s too bad. I don’t blame you for turning back if you had a wheelhouse with you. It’s really rough out there even with a snowmobile towing my otter. Can only go about 10 MPH or all my gear gets beat up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.