Which TUCR?

• fishhuntguy

So I can buy ONE more TUCR and am deciding between the commander, admiral, or LTP. I fish alot for walleyes in central MN and also use an Ifish pro for walleye and pike. I fish lake trout once or twice a winter in ontario or northern mn and make a yearly trip to Lake Winnipeg as well for Greenbacks. Which rod should I buy? Thanks for any help!

Dan Baker

If walleye are your main target, I would say the commander. It is quite stout. The admiral will work, but it’s probably a bit of overkill. The LTP is extremely stiff. And more bulky with a real seat and heavy guides. It really is for big, heavy, aggressive trout.
    If you watch IDO you’ll see a recent episode where James brings his commander on a trout trip. He refers to it as his walleye set up. But it has no issue handling the nice sized trout he pulls in.

Josh Bothum

This may assist you…

Attachments:
    1. TUCR-Rod-Spectrum-and-Ordering-Options-6-1-1.pdf

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

If <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye are your main target, I would say the commander. It is quite stout. The admiral will work, but it’s probably a bit of overkill. The LTP is extremely stiff. And more bulky with a real seat and heavy guides. It really is for big, heavy, aggressive trout.
    If you watch IDO you’ll see a recent episode where James brings his commander on a trout trip. He refers to it as his <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleye set up. But it has no issue handling the nice sized trout he pulls in.[/quote I own all 3 or these rods and believe dan is spot on here!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

If <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye are your main target, I would say the commander. It is quite stout. The admiral will work, but it’s probably a bit of overkill. The LTP is extremely stiff. And more bulky with a real seat and heavy guides. It really is for big, heavy, aggressive trout.
    If you watch IDO you’ll see a recent episode where James brings his commander on a trout trip. He refers to it as his <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleye set up. But it has no issue handling the nice sized trout he pulls in.

Interesting post Dan as I just happened to have both, recently acquired before this season. After battling some large pike on Mille Lacs last year, the 15-20 minute drama was not so good for me or the pike on a medium action walleye stick. That’s why I ratcheted up to the LTP. I still feel the Commander is medium action and would not intentionally use it for large pike or lake trout. Just my two tuppins worth.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2943.jpg

fishhuntguy

Thanks for the help fellas. Especially that chart Josh exactly what I needed!

Josh Bothum

Good deal! Saw that chart on here earlier this year courtesy of the TUCR guys… I’ve shared it a couple times,comes in pretty handy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.