Which Navionics Chip

• nu98walleye

Hds gen2

I already have an Insight HD card & would like to add a Navionics card to my options. Which card should i be looking at? i fish minnesota & south dakota lakes and rivers.

Navionics+ OR HotMaps Platinum????

Looking at their site it seems the Platinum has everything the Navionics+ does with the addition of 3D View & Satellite Overlay?

Thanks in advance!!

CaptainMusky

How big is your screen? If its smaller than 7″ I don’t know if the 3D view will be worth it IMO. I just updated my Platinum chip with the freshest data (which you get for free when you buy a new chip) and really like the detail on it. I would say go for the Platinum and then immediately update it from Navionics website. This will allow you to have the sonarcharts view too and do any live mapping that you would want to do.

nu98walleye

I currently just have a 7″ but the plan is hopefully in the near future to purchase a 2nd hds so can run just my gps on my gen2 hds7. Guessing ill just get the Platinum right away.

Thanks!

Kirt
    Lakeville

I like Hotmap Platinum

Ron
    Victoria, mn

I like Hotmap Platinum

Cuz you work for Navionics.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I am with Kirt I also run the Hotmap Platinum chip.

Reason I like it is I can really pinpoint spots further with the satellite images. I can find shore features or houses and know exactly the layout in conjunction with shore.

nu98walleye

I ended up getting the Navionics + regions card. Is there a setting to get rid of all these boxes on the map? HDS Gen2 (non touch). I also have the app on my phone and don’t see any of this on the screen. I did register and update the chip online, altho its possible i did something incorrectly. I should add the lake maps look exactly how they should its the map when i zoom out a bit and scroll around to find a different lake to view.

Attachments:
    1. Navionics-plus.png

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Zoom in, no way to get rid of them, I believed its mapped areas. Once you zoom in you won’t see them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.