Which Bass X rod for flipping /pitching?

• Whateverbites

I have already purchased a MF spinning rod and love it. I am in the process of upgrading my rods to be more technique specific. I fish largemouth in MN.

Which baitcaster rod from St. Croix Bass X series would you recommend? Needs to be the 7’4″ or shorter to fit in rod locker.

I am leaning towards the 7’4″ MH MF, but want opinions and reviews.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

That sounds like a good choice. Some go with a fast tip so bites are felt easier. Just make sure you use braid on it and you will be fine.

FryDog62

I have several St. Croix rods including a couple BassX rods (Medium spinning and medium casting). Great rods. Don’t want to talk you out of buying another one, but… I was going to buy both a flipping and frog rod and held the BassX and 13Fsihing rods at the Sportshow back in March. Both felt quite heavy to me. I ended up going with the Daiwa Tatula XT and was amazed at how much lighter it was. Yes $20 more, but so much easier to maneuver after a long day of casting and flipping heavier gear. Just a thought anyway, I don’t think you can go wrong either way but recommend putting both in your hand first.

Whateverbites

Thanks hor the input. I went to cabelas today to look at them, no tutulas in stock, i wish the bass x 7-4 had a faster action, and it is a bit heavy.

I was impressed with thier brand tourament rods, they have a 7-6 mh fast, that may be the winner

Tyler Kalishek
    Cedar Falls, IA

I’ve got a Cabelas ZX rod? 7’6″ heavy that’s a really nice flipping rod. I think they have a 7’3″ or 7’4″ heavy also. Very light rod, I’ve enjoyed it so far. On my 3rd season with it and can be had for $70 on sale

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.