Which accesses are plowed out?

• Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I’ve heard 68 is plowed out and schmidt’s landing, any word on kuseke or anything north of there being opened up or traveled through at least? Best accesses for the middle of the lake?

tornadochaser

Best to give Artie’s a call, they will know which ramps further north are getting use besides the ramps they are plowing trails from. My buddies used Schmidt’s earlier this week and went north from there; didn’t indicate any issues.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Thanks, I was planning on stopping there and getting some stuff and a map. Wasn’t sure how far up the lake they went.

dwalton

This is from Arties Facebook page.

Weekend Outlook-
    Ice thickness: 17-20 inches
    Snow cover: 4-12 inches
    Plowed trails: About 15 miles
    Plowed lake access: Lakewood, Cty Rd 68, Goose, Meadowbrook and Schmidts
    Fishing: Good numbers of all sizes of perch, some nice gills, few walleyes.
    Bait shop hours:
    Fri 6am-9pm
    Sat 5:30am-7pm
    Sun 6am-4pm

zooks

I’d probably use one of Goose, Meadowbrook, or Schmidt’s Landing. Lakewoods and Schmidt’s are resort plowed roads, the rest is done by locals unless Artie moves his rentals into an area. Follow the path if you use Goose cause there’s always some bad ice near the islands until you get out toward the middle.

My dad and his buddies sound like they’re gonna be out of the Meadowbrook access this weekend, they have an informal local tourney (excuse to drink beer) on Saturday. Sounds like ATV/SXS are able to go off road a bit but can be tough for trucks. Hope this helps, good luck.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Thanks, I’m hoping to head out there on the 15th. Probably either use schmidt’s or venture further north and see if I can get stuck. laugh

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Still looking to head out there Saturday morning. Gonna stop by arties on the way. Did most of this last round of snow stay south of the lake?

zooks

Ortonville did not get much snow last wknd, 2 inches or so.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Thanks! Are people working their way north yet?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.