Where's everyone fishing this weekend?

• IceWack

I’ll be staying local for opener, heading up to Kab the following Wednesday.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’ll never understand why Mother’s Day and Fishing Opener need to be on the same weekend. One of the biggest screw-ups ever IMO.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Terra Ceia Bay or the Manatee River. Depends on the tide.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ll be fishing Pool 4 or maybe some backwater areas of Pool 5 depending on wind, weather, and flow. Pool 4 has been kicking out decent fish for those who can get out as the river starts to drop, but with 1.5+” of 40 degree rains over the next 2 days I expect the river to plateau a bit.

The whole concept of an opener is fun and all for the camaraderie and marketing angles, but the reality is that most of the people I fish with never truly put the boat away.

Best of luck to those starting their season. Take plenty of patience with you and wear your PFD.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Chisago area or a smaller lake that I know won’t have as much traffic.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Chisago area or a smaller lake that I know won’t have as much traffic.

See you out there

Dan

I will be on little boy in longville

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Heading to the cabin Thursday for 10 days, can’t wait!
    Want to chase pike on the Crow Wing chain and Walleyes on some small lakes next week.

Charles

Crosslake dam and few small creeks lol. Hopping to get the boat painted this weekend and head out maybe Wednesday next week.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I’ll never understand why Mother’s Day and Fishing Opener need to be on the same weekend. One of the biggest screw-ups ever IMO.

They aren’t always the same. Mothers Day is the 2nd Sunday of May. Fishing opener is 2 weekends before Memorial Day. Which most of the time would align with Mothers Day. So when Mothers day falls on May 7, 8, or 9, then Memorial Day would fall on May 31, 30 or 29. Which would mean fishing opener would be May 17, 16, or 15.

I hope I am correct with that.

zooks

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

They aren’t always the same. Mothers Day is the 2nd Sunday of May. Fishing opener is 2 weekends before Memorial Day. Which most of the time would align with Mothers Day. So when Mothers day falls on May 7, 8, or 9, then Memorial Day would fall on May 31, 30 or 29. Which would mean fishing opener would be May 17, 16, or 15.

I hope I am correct with that.

I believe this is correct and May 1 has to land on a Saturday or Sunday for it to happen. Last occurred in 2015, should happen again in 2021 and 2022.

B-man

I offered to take my wife fishing on Mother’s Day…..she politely declined.

So it looks like I’ll be taking myself fishing on Mother’s Day jester

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I’ll be fishing from shore at Mille Lacs at midnight. Depending on how that goes determines my next steps. Sometime Saturday I will almost certainly end up on Platte/Sullivan probably from shore and then by boat looking for anything that wants to hit what I’m throwing. Most likely bass and pike, but I wouldn’t rule out a walleye or dogfish either. Get some rest then do the same thing on Sunday.

FryDog62

My goal is to find a small lake with no one on it… a lake without walleyes and hopefully everyone else is chasing them up North somewhere…

I like people, but not crowds..

Aaron Kalberer

Turkey hunting north of DL and maybe heading out Saturday evening or maybe do the midnight thing pitching jigs tipped with shiners into the river inlets before my turkey hunt Saturday morning.

orve4

Ill Be working this weekend. Was thinking about heading up to Red the following Thursday and Cass lake for the rest of the weekend.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Ill be fishing on the Horseshoe Chain Saturday morning then heading back home to do the Mother’s Day thing

where do you stay??? that’s out my back door, well almost. only 5 miles away now but grew up a stones throw from the river access.

me i’m staying clear of the insanity. hopefully if we aren’t water logged…work in the garden.

huskerdu

Labor camp other wise know as th cabin, first walleye tournament neck weekend!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>
    Ill be fishing on the Horseshoe Chain Saturday morning then heading back home to do the Mother’s Day thing

where do you stay??? that’s out my back door, well almost. only 5 miles away now but grew up a stones throw from the river access.

me i’m staying clear of the insanity. hopefully if we aren’t water logged…work in the garden.

Good friend of mine lives right across from channel marine. We usually do pretty well when he takes us out waytogo

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Crazy, the place just south of where the old river roost was???

I grew up just up from Casey’s. Cross the old railroad bed going into Richmond first place on the right.

Gordio

Waska possibly. We haven’t decided which lake in the area yet. Dad’s convinced the walleye don’t bite out there till 2 weeks after opener so he likes Reno, but we haven’t done very well out there the last few years

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.