where would you fish?

• phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

going out this afternoon to fish for perch. then, as evening comes, going to move to target some walleye? I caught good numbers of perch about where the point on my arrow is in about 14 feet of water. I’ll be walking out from the boat launch that is circled. where would you go if you wanted to target walleye in the evening. will be staying probably 30-45 minutes after dark. time will vary depending on cloud cover. it’s going to be warm today.

Attachments:
    1. bl.png

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Colonial point looks kinda sexy to me.

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

Colonial point looks kinda sexy to me.

I was just typing the same thing. Lots of sexy edges along the flat on the point.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The point left of your arrow where shallow starts to break in to deep water. Set a tip up in 10 ft of water and then your shack a little deeper

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220201-094325_Chrome.jpg

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

The point left of your arrow where shallow starts to break in to deep water. Set a tip up in 10 ft of water and then your shack a little deeper

there is a river that flows into the bay over that way as well.

good info folks! thanks for your input. much appreciated. grin

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Looking at a map of the entire lake, there is great structure all over the lake with in walking distance of beaches and other accesses.

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

change of plans. neighbor loaned me a trailer. taking my side by side out. i can go anywhere now! still going out of maple bay though. wooT!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

there is a river that flows into the bay over that way as well.

good info folks! thanks for your input. much appreciated. grin
    [/quote]

If there is flowing water then the spot I chose could be better then I thought. As long as the ice conditions are safe obviously. But there is 3 spots on that map I would try right away. Then there is about 5 more that would be on my radar. Last night my son and I went out and caught walleyes In 9 to 11 ft of water at dark. Bite window was 5 fish in a hour and then nothing.

This was last night’s fresh fish dinner. Chucked up walleye and a few crappies. I tried taking a better pic but 2 other plates had already disappeared so I had to rush

Attachments:
    1. 20220131_194314-scaled.jpg

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

nice catch Bcat. that looks de lish us! lol
    started out in the flat about where my arrow ended. nothing but dinks. I did see a handful of real nice perch and 1 walleye that was probably 24+. crystal clear water. nothing big was biting though. then around 430, moved out to the breaks at colonial point. more dinks. then, they disappeared and didn’t mark another fish before we left about 45 minutes after dark. I bet i can catch smaller fish than anybody. lol the polaris ranger was a nice surprise to have for transportation. I really wanted to thank the neighbor with a nice fish fry. next time!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The lady friend and I went out this evening to chase crappies and they were not eating. Vexilar screens were lit up and I threw everything at them and only caught a few. Very slow evening. And being a work night didn’t want to keep the kid out past 8m

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

went back to maple bay today. caught about 42. brought 11 home for dinner. was a good day.

Attachments:
    1. catch.jpg

Deuces

Works great for smaller perch, highly recommend trying it.

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

i did’t see any bones come out. Are the bones still left in the meat?

maddogg

Where would you fish?
    Somewhere in the blue part. wave jester

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

got a good mess yesterday. 13.5 ft of water. same spot i’ve been fishing. was mostly site fishing as my flasher power port broke. Was a lot easier sight fishing as i could keep away from the littles when the bigs rolled in. Caught fish on a red trebble with a minnow and a tungsten jig with a wax worm. when they wanted the bait, they were very aggressive. learned a lot sight fishing without the flasher. it’s also how i caught the crayfish as i could see them moving on the bottom. they would inch closer to the bait when i was pounding the bottom or just leaving the minnow laying on the bottom.

Attachments:
    1. 20822catch.jpg

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.