Where to look??

• Aaron Kalberer

I tried to go fishing last night, and on the way out to the lake I hit a decent bump in the road. The issue with this was I was pulling my 2 place trailer with snowmobile and fish house and my jiffy model 30 on the auger rack on the snowmobile. Well apparently one of the auger rack bolts broke allowing my auger to come loose and I lost it on the road somewhere. Now before I realized what had happened, a person followed me to the access and stopped at the ramp, I saw his headlights as I drove across the lake to my shack (a 5 minute drive) where I was going to take off from. Once there I noticed my missing auger and realized that the peculiar individual that was seemingly waiting for me at the access most likely had my auger and was looking to return it. So I look toward the access and no longer see the headlights.

Where would you go to find the owner of missing equipment? CL? Facebook? Sheriff or Police? I have been looking around and haven’t found anything on the roadsides or common places to report lost and found items. Just looking for some ideas as to where look. I have hauled my auger this way and always check my cargo before I hit the road to make sure everything is secure and have never had an issue until last night. I already upgraded my mounting hardware.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My thoughts are since they didn’t follow you on the lake they likely aren’t fisherman. If it was me I would have just dropped it right at the access. You can make a sign and find a snowbank to stick it in and hope they travel the route daily and call. Otherwise you are probably SOL. Maybe call the local police dept. they may have dropped it there.

Good luck.

Aaron Kalberer

Thanks Dutch, I already got the spare up and running, and police filed a missing item report as well. May be time to upgrade to something that doesn’t weigh as much as a small armored car haha.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Plus, who knows what condition it would be in. If it still ran, call the manufacturer so they can make a commercial like the rugged cooler companies. Bummer that you lost it and hope that you can get it back or replaced for not too much expense.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Plus, who knows what condition it would be in. If it still ran, call the manufacturer so they can make a commercial like the rugged cooler companies. Bummer that you lost it and hope that you can get it back or replaced for not too much expense.

I never even thought of that, the safest place for your auger is inside of an XXXL Yeti cooler!! Time to place another cooler order!

B-man

Bummer, but it will be a blessing in disguise losing that pig waytogo

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

Could your auger have damaged their vehicle when it flew off and it’s a blessing they left the landing???

eyeguy507
    SE MN

RIP to that tank! That there is a perfect example of addition by subtraction. You just saved wear and tear on your body and your hearing.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

That sucks!
    My model 30 is OLD and BULLETPROOF. But yeah they are heavy…

Anyways, you could try a Facebook group called “ice fishing Minnesota,” or “fishing Minnesota.” Two different groups. Lots of lost stuff shows up on there, granted it falls into the right hands…

Good luck!

Aaron Kalberer

Thanks guys, granted it is a jiffy model 30 it probably still runs, and I hope for the persons sake it didn’t damage their vehicle! I will check out those FB pages as I am a member of both, and I like the idea of storing it in a cooler but the cooler would be worth approximately 10x the price of the auger, and would be more concerned about the coolers return than the auger haha.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.