Where Are The Ducks At?? Open water??

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Pretty quiet in here… anybody still hunting?

deertracker

My buddy broke ice today in West Central MN to hunt. Shot three buffleheads. I’ll hunt big water when I get back from deer camp.
    DT

404 ERROR
    MN

I will be trying the sloughs one last time this weekend but expect I will be breaking ice in SE MN. As much as I love big water, I will be making one more attempt before I make the move. Got my diver decoys all ready and expecting to be hunting deeper water, my rigs are 7′-8′ this year. I expect the Mallards to still be coming down, but there are plenty of divers in the area already.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

“Where are the ducks at??”

In front of my house… whistling

I assume DT will be out chasing them soon.

Bigger lakes seem to have a lot of birds right now.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I haven’t seen much for ducks or geese flying here in south central wi for the last week and a half

Pauleye
    Onamia

Bills and Goldeneyes are buzzing around Mille Lacs!

Bass_attack

I saw some big northern mallards in a pond and a lake between the west metro and north metro yesterday. Hunted geese on Sunday in west metro on sunday seen a lot but they didn’t care for the bean field we hunted.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Last weekend my Dad did well in west central MN. One day one big water ad the other 2 days on smaller water. Big mallards, ringbills, blue bills, a few golden eyes and red heads and lots and lots of fishies(hooded mergansers). He passed on the fishies wave

I was in the deer stand and heard quite few in the mornings and evening flying over.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

It’s been lights out down here on the Mn/IA border for the last 9 days.
    Limits of geese, Mallards, Pintails in the cornfields,Ringbills and Buffleheads on the water.
    Now it’s on hold here as all the birds are feeding in cut corn in the refuge zone. Heard from buddies that Western MN and SW MN are loaded with Mallards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.