What's your trick to keeping your phone warm

• crappieguy

Damn iPhones die at the sight of cold air! Aside from the obvious, keeping it in your pocket, what’s your secret. Been thinking about finding some contraption along with a hand warmer. Wondering what people use.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

#1 Keep in a pocket close to your warm body. This works if you aren’t using the phone.
    #2 Get one of those portable battery bank/chargers for $20-$50. Most will fully charge a phone 3x, are not much bigger than a deck of cards, and it would be very hard to kill that and your phone in one day even if you are glued to it. They are also super handy to have.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

WHen I’m ice fishing, I keep my cell phone in the inside chest pocket of my jacket. If it’s very cold, I will also use a stick on toe warmer and put it on the back of the phone to keep it warm.

Gitchi Gummi

Inside jacket pocket for the 4 wheeler drive out onto the lake until I need to pull out the navionics to find exactly where I want to set up… especially when its single digits or lower, my phone only has a few minutes of being in the elements before it shuts off. I bought a 10,000 mAh portable battery pack off of amazon for $17. It will charge my iphone approximately 5 times on a full charge, has 2 USB ports to charge 2 devices at once and it is about the size of a deck of cards. For long outings on the ice, it is a key piece of equipment to bring along in my opinion.

Attachments:
    1. 1-3-2017-5-03-41-PM.png

troutbum
    St. Paul

This has worked great for me.
    I have a Trianium backpack battery attached the whole day. Then i keep it in an inside chest pocket next to a zippo hand warmer. Battery is good for ten hours.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I leave it at home if I am fishing. No safer place.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I leave it at home if I am fishing. No safer place.

I was just thinking the same thing. I have to go fishing with you sometime Tom.

SR

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You older fellers have this fishing thing figured out! waytogo smile

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

Chest pocket of the bibs and under the jacket. Get’s put on silent and only gets used for navionics. Don’t like the idea of leaving it a home in case of an emergency.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Chest pocket of the bibs and under the jacket. Get’s put on silent and only gets used for navionics. Don’t like the idea of leaving it a home in case of an emergency.

Smartest comment yet waytogo

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I’ve got Samsung Android phone so I don’t feel yalls pain! But, on a day like this past week I’ve had where I am fishing sun up to past sun down then I’ve got a 20,000 mAh portable charger, fits in my pocket of my striker jacket with a cord and charge it when needed, usually only 1 time a day. I got it for 15$ on Amazon and can charge my gopro and phone many times on 1 charge

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I had an older phone Iphone 5s. It would drain in a few minutes at anything under 40 degrees. I brought it to Verizon. She told me that it shouldn’t do that. She gave me an Iphone 6 for free. I had it outside (coat pocket) on Friday from 6 am to about 3pm. I had a few apps running most of the day. When I got to the truck to plug in it was at 76%. Hopefully this keeps up.

404 ERROR
    MN

I have a waterproof battery back I got on Amazon. Bought one for myself and loved it so much I bought one for my brother for Christmas. The brand is Unifun, it is orange and has a small flashlight built in, which is also nice. Cant beat the $17 price tag either!

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

WHen I’m ice fishing, I keep my cell phone in the inside chest pocket of my jacket. If it’s very cold, I will also use a stick on toe warmer and put it on the back of the phone to keep it warm.

Bingo. Stick-ons work well with cordless drill batteries too, for the drill/auger guys.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.