• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Surly Todd the Axe Man IPA

Pipeworks Lizard King Pale Ale

Pipeworks Ninja versus Unicorn double IPA

Lagunitas Lil Sumpin ale

Keystone

Busch Light

If I’m just having a couple I like a heavy IPA or double IPA. All day beers are keystone and Busch.

Lotta other good ones out there but these are my go to’s.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I don’t have one “go-to”, rather some regulars that find their way into my hand. I will drink light, craft, dark, fruity, etc. depending on the situation. Beers are like tools. Different ones are required for each job or event.

A few of the regulars:

-Surly anything (generally a Winter beer or “only a few” at the in-laws over holidays beer)
    -Blue Moon (if on a boat or out in the heat)
    -Spotted Cow (swiss army knife of beers… any time any place)
    -Leinenkugels Summer Shandy (if on a boat late summer)
    -Miller Lite (if an all-day marathon drink)
    -Busch Light (the classic garage beer that someone else buys and you gladly drink)
    -Most Fulton beers (MN sporting events or out for dinner)
    -Old Milwaukee Light (if trying to drink an all day beer that novice drinkers will leave alone)
    -Castle Danger Cream Ale (Spotted Cow’s little brother… great ice fishing beer also)
    -Forager Brewing Beers out of Rochester (the best craft beers in MN)

Never Ever: Bud Light. Rumor has it this crap actually lead to the infamous TP shortage of 2020 for obvious reasons.

Slipbob nick

My favorite beer is a cream ale or free.

Red Eye

Use to be a Budwiser guy. Then I got married and bought a house$$$. 30 packs of Hamms get the nod now. The Beer Refreshing.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Schells Firebrick

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Cigar City Jai Alai IPA

Zack Shack Guy

Nordeast when I’m fishing, cleaning fish, or eating fish.

Summit IPA is my go to beer.

Badger Hill has some good craft beer selection as well.

mojogunter

I haven’t had an IPA that I have even remotely thought was drinkable. I was pretty sure they are all skunked. I no longer will even try one. I am a fan of Hacker Pschorr Weisse. If I can’t get that (regularly) I go for Stella Artois. In WI I do like Spotted Cow.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I haven’t had an IPA that I have even remotely thought was drinkable. I was pretty sure they are all skunked. I no longer will even try one. I am a fan of Hacker Pschorr Weisse. If I can’t get that (regularly) I go for Stella Artois. In WI I do like Spotted Cow.

I’ll bet you put cream in your coffee, too.

Kidding….they are an acquired taste. Some are much less hoppy and bitter but I get what you are saying. If you want to give it one last try pickup Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing IPA. Really smooth, not as hoppy.

robby
    Quad Cities

#1 Free. #2 Other People’s. Lots of good beers. Spotted Cow. Coors Banquet. Old Milwaukee. Modelo Negra. Sam Adams Boston Lager.

Not Grainbelt!

Cody Meyers

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mojogunter wrote:</div>

I’ll bet you put cream in your coffee, too.

Kidding….they are an acquired taste. Some are much less hoppy and bitter but I get what you are saying. If you want to give it one last try pickup Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing IPA. Really smooth, not as hoppy.

Hazy Little Thing is way up high on my list. Any of those hazy IPAs I generally like. Otherwise any light beer is fine too.

2aforlife

Chicken Scratch American Pilsner. Crafted at Little Harpeth Brewing out of Nashville, TN. I haven’t found it anywhere but Tennessee and I haven’t been able to talk any local liquor stores into ordering it in.

chubs1018

Miller Lite is my all day beer.
    Summit Extra pale ale and Sam Adams Boston lauger and Oktoberfest are a couple favorites. I like mostvcraft beer too.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Surly Furious, Summit EPA or New Castle

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

It’s no longer “Todd” the axeman. It’s a favorite of mine as well be he’s working for war pigs three Floyd’s now. Try his foggy geezer and lazurite.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Miller High, a Tall Blonde, the Girl on the Moon for my every day drinkin’. After that I’m willing to try any beer, but only a very few of them… The yeast in beer has started to plug my head up, so Booze has become a friend of mine, but only a couple of them unless I’m somewhere safe!!!

Mark

Slipbob nick

Wild mountain has rocket surgery on tap this winter. Hasn’t had it before. It was excellent.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>

It’s no longer “Todd” the axeman. It’s a favorite of mine as well be he’s working for war pigs three Floyd’s now. Try his foggy geezer and lazurite.

You’re right. I’ve had the foggy geezer…. it bad but still not Axeman.

critter 1

Bell’s Two Hearted Ale….Summitt Extra Pale Ale. Favorite cheap beer used to be Pigs Eye. Not sure if it exists anymore.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>

[/quo

Foggy geezer is always delicious.

Duke M

From the land of sky blue waters, Hamm’s the beer refreshing, Hamm’s.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3780.jpg

Arlyn Sieck

By the number of empties in the ditches and along the roads around here it must be Busch Lite.

nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

Bells Two Hearted

toast

Budweiser, Busch Light or Keystone Light if I’m gonna drink all day/night. IPA if just a couple.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Budweiser if I want to have more than one, Busch Light is a guaranteed headache in the morning for me and I have done extensive testing and the result was no headaches in the past 19 years

Mike

Dragon milk.
    It’s a great imperial stout.

Snake ii’s

I like cow also until I found out the owners pay big money for anti hunting legislation in any way shape or form.

Well, then – no more spotted bovine for me.

I guess it’s back to good old Brain Melt.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

the only beers i will hunt for:

Lagunitas Waldos
    Founders Hopslam

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.