What's the Summer Garmin Livescope Pole mount for Scotty rail mount plug-ins?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve seen this in several videos but can’t find any official info on Garmin’s website??

Attachments:
    1. livescope-rail-mount.jpg

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Maybe it was something Garmin had made custom for a few select Youtube customers with high subscriber counts. If you look at the comments in those videos they’re also asking and not getting anything.

Summit has a scotty on a Ram 1.5″.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

This is exactly what I’m trying to locate.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I see Larry Smith has something like that on his Warrior.I think in one of his episodes last year he mentioned who made it for him.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Its a Garmin product as it has Garmin stamped into the plastic, i’m pretty sure its not released yet and you’re seeing it be field tested…

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Its a Garmin product as it has Garmin stamped into the plastic, i’m pretty sure its not released yet and you’re seeing it be field tested…

waytogo

About 5 people asked them where they got the mount in the comments and zero responses. They were told not to give it away.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I see Larry Smith has something like that on his Warrior.I think in one of his episodes last year he mentioned who made it for him.

The guy that made the mount on Larry Smith’s boat is Tim Newman who owns Brew City Trolling Motor Service. He makes a very nice mount but it’s spendy.

Craig Malone

Any luck with finding this? I am actively looking for it as well

JoeMX1825
    MN

It was a Garmin prototype to work with their crappy pvc pole system. I use the Summit Fishing RAM mount and love its versatility…

Craig Malone

Do you use for both open water and ice? I am leaning that way, had a buddy who fought his in ice but heard others really like it

JoeMX1825
    MN

Do you use for both open water and ice? I am leaning that way, had a buddy who fought his in ice but heard others really like it

yes both, I also use it off my dock

Icefisherguy

I also use the summit pole (24-60” version) with RAM mount. I agree with Joe, considering the price, it is great for versatility and being able to use both open water and ice fishing . That said, it is not perfect. In the boat it has a bit of vibration/wobble while trolling which makes the images less clear. Works well on spot lock though.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Yes, trolling over 2mph poses a problem for the Summit RAM mount if you dont have any added lateral stability (look at what Arclabs does with adding the gunnel plate the pole slots in) but the mounts that work for faster trolling speeds run $500+

I mostly use Livescope stationary casting, it works fine moving from spot to spot along a shoreline…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.