What’s the latest word out there?

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Thinking about trying the river for a spell Wednesday, gamble with a little pre-front weather. Have the ‘eyes gone deep yet or are they still patrolling a variety of depths?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

My experience this time of year is to fish the thermocline over deep water for the nicer eyes.

5′-20′ down with cranks.

Congregations tend to be related to shallow structure like points, i.e. the surrounding 1/4 mi.

Most fish in the lower croix are suspended in the deep basins.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Thank you very much!

LabDaddy1

You really are a wealth of info, FBRM. Your sharing here is very much appreciated!

As far as the lower croix “‘cline,” it never ceases to amaze me out there. Going over 50-60’ or so holes/basins and there is just LOADS of bait and fish suspended around that 25-30’ line, which is actually visible on any decent electronics…

LabDaddy1

Sometimes 35-40’

Multi-story fishery for sure.

Last time out (two weeks ago) was still nailing good ones in 5-12’ though on cranks.

Lindy rigs/spinners always have a spot at the table, too, especially in deeper water…

I would like to start learning the ins and outs of bottom bouncers though, and I’m all ears!

LabDaddy1

You know the deal FBRM!

Was out again Sunday evening/night and this time was horrible. Soooo much baitfish and bugs to keep bellies full. That’s the excuse I’m going with…

Oh and the water is pretty warm.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I got a pm of a 29″ from a gentleman who went after em ‘out to sea’ fishing the cline over the depths. waytogo

LabDaddy1

I got a pm of a 29″ from a gentleman who went after em ‘out to sea’ fishing the cline over the depths. waytogo

What a pig. That might be a once in a lifetime walleye, especially on the Croix!

SoDakangler

This is a true story. Was trolling down 20 feet over about 50 feet. 95 degree bright sunny day. Unfortunately had to get back to work so haven’t been out since to try and replicate it. Hopefully get out sometime this week and see if they’re still biting somewhere out there.

LabDaddy1

I always am curious what all different fish are down there around that cline. There’s so many marks and bait clouds it’s unreal. Wonder what percentage are rough fish vs game fish.

Congrats, SoDak.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.