What's the fishing like?

• Jonesy

Heading up for a couple days this week. When we planned this trip we were hoping for a jig and shiner bite.

I know it was a late ice out but with the really warm Temps have the fish moved deep? We will do what we have to but really don’t want to troll or resort to other methods if I don’t need to

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I had a rough Friday. Everything should have been perfect for a great bite but I failed miserably. Was out on the E and NE side tried a dozen spots. Fished sunrise to late afternoon…left early as I was getting pee’d and the wind was getting to me. I bet the evening and night bite were on fire LOL. Marked fish 8-12. Just bummed.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Few guys I know are up there now till Tues. Let ya know, if I forget PM me.

jonesry09

Heard a few guys did well over the weekend but they were trolling flickers. Probably not what you wanted to hear but thats what was working for them.

Jonesy

Heard a few guys did well over the weekend but they were trolling flickers. Probably not what you wanted to hear but thats what was working for them.

Trolling is soooooo boring. Thanks for the info though. I don’t have a kicker and have to troll with my terrova which can sometimes be a problem. Hopefully the wind is blowing and I can just go drift some shorelines and points.

Really don’t want to go if I can’t get a jig bite going. Just how my 2018 has gone. Missed every spring opportunity due to weather/work/flooding and now may wants to pretend it’s late June.

Reef W

On Friday 18th it was really rough but we caught 10 at the Annex reef over maybe 4 hours during the day. It wasn’t fast, for us anyways, but everybody was catching fish. The ones we got were all between 20.5″ and 25″. I heard a boat that went out there that night caught 30.

We were lindy rigging with rainbows. The boat that was catching them the fastest was jigging. We started with one person using shiners (big ones) and one person using rainbows. After I caught 3 on rainbows vs none on shiners we both switched and caught them all on rainbows.

Jonesy

On Friday 18th it was really rough but we caught 10 at the Annex reef over maybe 4 hours during the day. It wasn’t fast, for us anyways, but everybody was catching fish. The ones we got were all between 20.5″ and 25″. I heard a boat that went out there that night caught 30.

We were lindy rigging with rainbows. The boat that was catching them the fastest was jigging. We started with one person using shiners (big ones) and one person using rainbows. After I caught 3 on rainbows vs none on shiners we both switched and caught them all on rainbows.

From what I have heard is the shiner run has not started up there yet so the fish are not keying in on them. I dunno guess we will find out tomorrow. I will let everyone know how it goes.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

We were lindy rigging with rainbows. The boat that was catching them the fastest was jigging. We started https://www.theguardian.com/technology/video/2018/may/18/the-new-yannylaurel-do-you-hear-brainstorm-or-green-needle-video one person using shiners (big ones) and one person using rainbows. After I caught 3 on rainbows vs none on shiners we both switched and caught them all on rainbows.

We were out with you on the Annex. It was one of our many stops. We had shiners on lindy rigs. It was slow. It was werid how the wind wasn’t so bad out in the middle but worse buy shore…

Heard another report that it’s still slow but some are having occasional good success. I’d move over towards pelican island area if I were you…

Bartman

Fished all weekend. Caught fish in onezies and twozies all weekend in spots no deeper than 8 feet. Caught them on shiner/jig combo and yes…..pulling cranks. As usual things were better with some wind but Saturday was ridiculous with wind blowing 20 out of the north. If you catch a couple and leave the spot don’t be afraid to go back. Not hard to find the Annex…just look for 30 boats. Slow there but if you wait em out there will be some.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.