What's going on

• fishboy

No new video this week no updates on weekly give a ways???

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Pretty sure we’re sill seeing the fallout from illnesses they’ve been battling.

However I will say that I got a message from Pat with a tip on where they are headed at this moment. Pretty sure it’ll be a new location for them. I would expect a show next week. I do believe that James is on this trip as well.

Jonesy

I know in the past they have had some summer shoots saved for weeks like these. Looks like maybe they should try to get 1-2 stocked up.

I saw Andy post on Facebook a 17# walleye he got in a boat. Hoping that’s next week’s episode. I’m iced out

TMF89

Yeah, you’d think they’d have figured out a work-around, they definitely have the Pro Staff numbers to lean on. If we get a couple extra open water episodes on YouTube, I’ll call it even!

Jonesy

Yeah, you’d think they’d have figured out a work-around, they definitely have the Pro Staff numbers to lean on. If we get a couple extra open water episodes on YouTube, I’ll call it even!

I have zero idea how their business model for TV works but I would think FSN would not be super happy about 2 reruns. Almost 3 reruns if you factor in the compilation episode to start the season. I wonder if maybe we wouldn’t get a couple episodes after opener.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s what you get when you try and do shows from the same week it airs. You guys have a choice…..accept that things like this will happen or have them airing shows that are 3-5 weeks old.
    These guys are humans they will get sick, family emergency’s can happen, weather can suck.

It happens. Not that big of a deal.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

It’s what you get when you try and do shows from the same week it airs. You guys have a choice…..accept that things like this will happen or have them airing shows that are 3-5 weeks old.
    These guys are humans they will get sick, family emergency’s can happen, weather can suck.

X2

A lot more important things in life

fishboy

All I did was ask a question not sure why you are throwing a attitude out I know James was sick like I said was just asking a question!!!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

All I did was ask a question not sure why you are throwing a attitude out I know James was sick like I said was just asking a question!!!

I don’t think those replies were directed at you.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Asking a question you knew the answer to…. Hmmmm

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

It happens. Not that big of a deal

I am sure we will get new shows as soon as they can. Until then, watch the reruns and show your support.

fishboy

Lord I do support I do understand sickness forget that I ask

Ryan P
    Farmington

Personally I think its impressive as hell they can get so many new episodes out in a season that are literally shot the week before. If something like this happens, no big deal, still a fan. And some of you talk like you are owed something because they missed a couple weeks. Last I checked the monthly fee for this website and this show is nothing. Cut the guys some slack. Can’t wait to see what they have in store and I’ll be honest, I too am ready for some open water.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Well, I guess the business dude inside me says it’s probably a good idea to have a plan B when stuff like this happens, bc it does and will happen.

But, as Ryan stated, my monthly subscription is zero, so ill just be happy as heck when new content comes out!

This one never gets old…..

JoeMX1825
    MN

imo they should replay some of their older “outside the box” episodes (Like the Gator gar episode) vs just replaying an episode from a few weeks ago…as soon as I see it’s a repeat, the channel is changed until Keyes starts at 9:30…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Put down the remote and go fishing when life throws you lemons.

Jonesy

I don’t see where anybody was making it a big deal. Stop trying to start drama.

Personally I think its impressive as hell they can get so many new episodes out in a season that are literally shot the week before. If something like this happens, no big deal, still a fan. And some of you talk like you are owed something because they missed a couple weeks. Last I checked the monthly fee for this website and this show is nothing. Cut the guys some slack. Can’t wait to see what they have in store and I’ll be honest, I too am ready for some open water.

Again I do not see where anybody is acting like they are owed anything. Somebody asked a question. The discussion morphed into curiosity about why they don’t have some footage in reserve like they have in years past. I wondered, and I still do does FSN care. It has been a 12 episode broadcast season. 2 of them were direct reruns and the first episode might as well have been. That’s 25%. Does FSN require a specific number of episodes be new content?

Everyone is so sensitive and in a rush to defend the IDO guys that you failed to realize they weren’t being attacked.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I think if there is any complaining or those that are just wondering, it does indicate the shows popularity and that there are many of us that look forward to the show each Sunday. I’m sure some of us look forward to it all week. There are those of us that just can’t go fishing anytime we want, and shows like these offer the alternative vicarious experience. It’s why they are so popular.

I would agree with JoeMX that it would be fun if they pulled some episodes out of the archives. Like maybe the first or second seasons. Not complaining though, as others have said…it cost me nothing. Well…? I guess I have purchased products from just about every one of their sponsors, so I guess watching the show has come at some cost. wink

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Not complaining though, as others have said…it cost me nothing. Well…? I guess I have purchased products from just about every one of their sponsors, so I guess watching the show has come at some cost. wink

Even if a guy didn’t buy anything, When you watch that SBC or strikemaster ad for the ten thousandth time you are paying. This is how “free” content is paid for, everyday, everywhere.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I don’t see where anybody was making it a big deal. Stop trying to start drama.

I hardly think he was starting drama. Perhaps the OP should have opted for just one question mark.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Perhaps the OP should have opted for just one question mark.

rotflol

TMF89

A couple guys have valid questions, and then we get over-defensive responses? You guys are right, there are a lot more important things in life than a fishing show…apparently those things include making sure when people know they’re wrong on the internet. I never bashed, insulted, or said anything derogatory about the show, in fact I honestly spent quite awhile at the computer trying to decide if I should mention anything at all, because I have the utmost respect for James and the crew, and understand life gets in the way (and again, expected the overly-defensive mentality around here to raise the stakes). I actually tried to end my post in a joking fashion, to prevent the exact responses that started coming.

Obviously getting more shows in shouldn’t come at the expense of anyone’s health or well-being. Having said that, it’s a business, and after several weeks you’d think they’d have figured out a work-around. It wouldn’t be difficult at all to compile footage cut from shows that we haven’t seen, revisiting older episodes in a sort of commentary/interview style, or just sending out a few camera guys/GoPros to their various Pro Staff. Even a heads up on here would be appreciated, just keeping us in the loop. Most of us don’t get to fish as often as we’d like so living vicariously through these guys is one of the highlights of our week. I know that James and his guys are personally responsible for dozens, if not hundreds of fish that have wound up in my boat, and I greatly enjoy and appreciate the knowledge and experience that these guys bring to the table.

big_g
    Isle, MN

anybody else get a PM from the angry fishboy ? geez he needs an IDO fix James…. hurry and get better !! chased doah rotflol

fishboy

Not angry big_g just stating a fact

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hang in there Fishboy.

These OLD FARTS get a little cantankerous this time of year.

They lighten up and become way more friendly as the water warms.
    Except for Big G. He’s always hah cantankerous. coffee

big_g
    Isle, MN

In therapy

Attachments:
    1. image.jpg

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am thinking he won’t even be my friend on Facebook, I’m bummed

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

There is some justice.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.