What would you have done?

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I’ll be returning Sunday and would love to post a photo of the sign

Be cautious Markus. You may want to call the local sheriff or police department to inform them about this harasser and your plans to visit the lake again.

Marcus wahl

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Marcus wahl wrote:</div>
    I’ll be returning Sunday and would love to post a photo of the sign

Be cautious Markus. You may want to call the local sheriff or police department to inform them about this harasser and your plans to visit the lake again.

We’ve spoken to an Illinois state police officer who plans to speak with him next week in regards to him open carrying on public property. If we have any issues before then I’ll be sure to call them.
    Thanks for the concern!

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Marcus,
    From the land owners description (the guy in the video), it appears to be much more than a no-trespassing sign. What is the name of the development, chances are if there’s a HOA the rules and regulations are available for review.

HRG

Here’s an example,,,,,

http://flcaonline.org/Documents/CommunityRules.pdf

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Certainly got a big run on this video thread.

Marcus wahl

Marcus,
    From the land owners description (the guy in the video), it appears to be much more than a no-trespassing sign. What is the name of the development, chances are if there’s a HOA the rules and regulations are available for review.

HRG

Here’s an example,,,,,

Unfortunately there’s not. It’s much too small of a community.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Definitely make another video of your next encounter!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Definitely make another video of youe next encounter!

jester That was the WHOLE point of this video. I view this as legit as any of the Housewives shows on TV. If you don’t add drama nobody watches.

troutbum
    St. Paul

I mean if someone pistol whips me, I hope to high hell it makes it on YOU TOOB!

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Hot Runr Guy wrote:</div>
    Marcus,

HRG

Here’s an example,,,,,

Unfortunately there’s not. It’s much too small of a community.

OK, I’ll take your word for that, but don’t play us for fools, and post a picture of an 8×10 no-trespassing sign you can buy at Farm & Fleet. Let’s see the entire sign, as described, that indicates the owner must be present.

HRG

Marcus wahl

Hey that’s pretty much what it is. There’s something else below it but it’s so faded.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Marcus…Are you glad you brought this up???

blackbay
    mn

Are we talking about the Crystal Lakes area?

DTW

I’ll bet a million bucks marcus voted for Hillary. Sounds like a snowflake to me with no common sense.

DTW

If anyone I don’t know calls me “Bud” in a situation like that he’d be leaving with a fat lip.

Marcus wahl

I’ll bet a million bucks marcus voted for Hillary. Sounds like a snowflake to me with no common sense.

If anyone I don’t know calls me “Bud” in a situation like that he’d be leaving with a fat lip.

Hahahah, never. It sure would suck to get charged with a violent crime and lose your American rights to own firearms huh?

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

My biggest issue with this whole thing was when you first put the yak in the water you were geeking out about how excited you were to be able to get all this new CONTENT. Your maiden voyage, first time freed from the shore fishing game, and you’re more excited to upload a video than to catch fish.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Guess I’m going to have to back the homeowner 100%. You started your video anticipating something and deliberately pushed his buttons. Next time come back with the person who gave you permission and fish with him. Problem should be solved with no drama.

Marcus wahl

My biggest issue with this whole thing was when you first put the yak in the water you were geeking out about how excited you were to be able to get all this new CONTENT. Your maiden voyage, first time freed from the shore fishing game, and you’re more excited to upload a video than to catch fish.

We have a passion for fishing but an even larger passion for content creating….
    Hope that clears up any confusion.

Marcus wahl

Guess I’m going to have to back the homeowner 100%. You started your video anticipating something and deliberately pushed his buttons. Next time come back with the person who gave you permission and fish with him. Problem should be solved with no drama.

It’d be neat if he were a home owner. He’s not. The person that gave us permission lives close enough to smell how many fish we catch.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I watched 15 seconds of your video and knew this was just another attention grabbing video. It really has nothing to do with the guy and the gun. Thats just a weak narrative to create interest. On this site alone there are at least 50 stories of guys who have had issues with shoreowners for various reasons. Not a one of them needed to video it. Their descriptions of the events were all people needed.

The good news for you is there are many here like you who can’t relate to anything that doesn’t have a video or pictures attached to it. The bad news is there are also alot of guys here to whom you have no credibility and see you for what you are……….in your own words a “content creator.”

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>pool2fool wrote:</div>

We have a passion for fishing but an even larger passion for content creating….
    Hope that clears up any confusion.

Oh… There was no confusion.

Marcus wahl

Marcus…Are you glad you brought this up???

I am! We’re all here for entertainment right? That’s what life’s about and this post has been a heck of a ride!

Marcus wahl

I watched 15 seconds of your video and knew this was just another attention grabbing video. It really has nothing to do with the guy and the gun. Thats just a weak narrative to create interest. On this site alone there are at least 50 stories of guys who have had issues with shoreowners for various reasons. Not a one of them needed to video it. Their descriptions of the events were all people needed.

The good news for you is there are many here like you who can’t relate to anything that doesn’t have a video or pictures attached to it. The bad news is there are also alot of guys here to whom you have no credibility and see you for what you are……….in your own words a “content creator.”

Ah, you’ll find in the younger generations it’s a mindset of “Photos or it didn’t happen” “screenshot or it didn’t happen” and now it’s becoming “video or it didn’t happen”
    The “back in my day” stories are a little 1980 I guess.

Marcus wahl

I missed the part where it was my first time being freed from the shore fishing game. I’ve only shore fished once. I usually bank fish but it’d be hard to put a number to how many times I’ve fished from boats. Maybe I’ll rewatch the video and see where I misspoke.

basseyes

You ask at the end of the video for opinions.

For clarity sakes,

What is the bylaws of accessing at the dam?

Is it in the bylaws a landowner has to be present? That doesn’t mean in the kayak with you, but present.

Is the access or access road public, or private, that allows landowners legal access through a set of bylaws?

If it is private, but allows access to landowners, through a set of bylaws, that’s not public.

If it is public access, why would you need permission?

You asked, posted a public video that clearly state’s the county and lake. I’d be way more cautious about doing that. You could have easily incriminated yourself and if he’s on private property, and you are trespassing, even with permission, it sounds like you are not following the bylaws and basically admitted it.

You seem young and kinda green to dealing with landowners. Have opened a lot of doors over simple respect for landowners by respecting their rights before pushing gray area’s.

Good luck with your videos and hope this experience has been a good learning curve for you.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I missed the part where it was my first time being freed from the shore fishing game. I’ve only shore fished once. I usually bank fish but it’d be hard to put a number to how many times I’ve fished from boats. Maybe I’ll rewatch the video and see where I misspoke.

Marcus is just playing us like a fiddle…arent’cha Marcus? You’re giggling in your basement right now I’d guess. Shore fishing, bank fishing, kayak fishing…fishing for your own amusement from others?

That video was just a staged ruse.

I cannot imagine anything else you could post here that would have an ounce of credibility.

But then we all live on “the other side of the wall”. And no one lives on the same side of the wall.

And I’m a fiddle player too…

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Yonkers! Who is fueling who in this dialogue? doah
    Times have changed.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Actually Andy I think we are playing him. He was figured out right away. The questions were asked. We knew what he is about. He knew we knew. Give the Devil His Due……

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Actually Andy I think we are playing him. He was figured out right away. The questions were asked. We knew what he is about. He knew we knew. Give the Devil His Due……

You type fast laugh I don’t. shock

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Yonkers! Who is fueling who in this dialogue? doah
    Times have changed.

Not all times have changed…

“One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
    And the ones that mother gives you, don’t do anything at all
    Go ask Alice, when she’s ten feet tall”

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.