what size shiver minnow do you guys like?

• Beast

targeting walleyes so I picked up a couple to try, ( larger ones) 1 oz. think I want to order some more, what size does everyone like?

David Ellingson

1oz 90 percent of the time. It’s amazing how small a fish will hit them.

Karry Kyllo

The size depends on conditions. If fishing deep you’ll want something heavier than if fishing shallow.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I use both of the bigger sizes (#3 and #2). IMO both catch fish, its just a matter of getting comfortable using which ever size you have on. I feel once I am in a groove with the cadence i tend to stick with that size. i dont have a ton of experience using them but enough to have seen both sizes have their day.

Billy J

Hey Guys, what is your Max depth you use them in?

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

As deep as you are comfortable bringing fish up from.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Watch Tom Boley show you how its done.

travelNFish
    Nebraska

I use the 3.5″ or the largest each one makes, until i fish shallower say 10′ i use the 2.5″. The shiver minnows are one of my favorites due to durability, The Johnson Johnny Darter is my next choice. My dead last choice is the Rapala jigging raps, they are extremely cheap in the way they are made and do not hold up on hard bottoms or snag conditions. The fins break, hooks seem cheaper and smaller. They are almost double in price also. Lunkerhunt has a new lifelike version out i believe with a metal fin, which looks durable.
    I fished a tournament last week with the new Walleye Nations Creations out of Nebraska, the quality is extremely durable, good colors, and a little larger in thickness. It fished great, but didn’t get a fair chance to test it due to water and conditions. Here is a link showing its durability.

RIP-N-GLIDE test 2

Round 2 of the RIP-N-GLIDE durability testing.www.walleyenation.comiWalleye Target Walleye Team Walleye Slayerz Ice Fish Green Bay ICE JUNKIES OUTDOORS® National Professional Anglers Association @OutdoorsFIRST Media Teachin Fishin

Posted by Walleye Nation Creations on Friday, January 31, 2020

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.