What Pool?

• Bill Iverson

Hi All,

I’m located in Des Moines and I’m interested in fishing the Mississippi river. I’ve not done it before, so I’ll be hiring a guide to see whats going on. It seems that all of the pools are about 3.5 – 4 hours away from here. Do you have any suggestions on what one to visit in the next month or so? Whenever we are more likely to have success.

Thanks!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

The fishing will only get better as the water cools. I’d suggest pool 4….more guides and more options given all the water.

Might be tough to get a guide booked so I’d make plans ASAP. Marty Hahn is great but there are other good guides out of the Red Wing area.

Ed
    Minnetrista, MN

The fishing will only get better as the water cools. I’d suggest pool 4….more guides and more options given all the water.

Might be tough to get a guide booked so I’d make plans ASAP. Marty Hahn is great but there are other good guides out of the Red Wing area.

Well put. I agree!

gary d
    cordova,il

Pool 12 in Dubuque,Iowa. I believe there is a few guides there also.You have to do some finger work to look for a guide. Nite life is pretty good in Dubuque too! Good luck!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.