What is the best upgrades for WX2060 owners have made?

• Fridayishere

Hello
    I’ve purchase a 2020 wx2060 last year and it has been a creasy fun boat. My question to all Skeeter owners. What has been the greatest purchases outside of the boat/oem parts. Props?..,Make type would be Awesome? Pedestal seats?.. Flooring…Batteries..Lets hear all the options.. I’m Looking to spend some of leftover pennies seeing my government wont let me spend them during covid..

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

My buddy added wave pro pedestals to his two main seats…recommended

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

X2 on the Wave Pros, I am very happy with them.

I also put power trim tabs on mine, they definitely help.

If you look through the forum here you will see a few guys switched to a 4 blade prop with good results. That will probably be my next upgrade.

Musky Ed

On a WX2200, same basic boat as 2060
    – Trim tabs
    – Atlas jackplate with extra switch by the engine
    – Seatpost bases instead of rear backrest holes
    – 6′ Trax
    – Bimni top ++++
    – In dash VHF with quick connect detachable antenna
    – Fish Hawke
    – Got rid of Trollmaster wireless and had Itrol installed
    – Bravo LT prop, have to admit though that Yamaha 19″ was pretty good
    – Odyssey 31 AGM starting battery
    – And best advice overall, pick a good dealer, the Boat Center has been fantastic

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

We just went to the Boat Center and purchased a power pole with blade. So looking forward to see how that performs on the big waters this summer.
    Biggest thing I have enjoyed is learning how to run boat in 2’ters with tabs.

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

I have a 2019 2060 and added the ski pylon, kids still enjoy skiing and wakeboarding. Trax system (they make a sturdy pole/mount for Livescope as well)
    Also have 4 seats and a pedestal.

Next spring I will be adding a Bimini top +++ and VHF with quick connect antenna similar to Musky Ed’s.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

besides my pro tab trim tabs i would say my airwaves and probably getting rid of the rails and putting 60″ tracks and rold holders from fingear.

Gary

Muskey Ed, Which odyssey battery did you purchase exactly and where? I’m tired of using crappy parts store batteries and replacing them so often. Time to try something else. Thank you for your reply.

Musky Ed

They only make two versions of marine 31 series, and actually they are the same battery, just have a different post arrangement. One has two 3/8″ studs, and one has a 5/16 and 3/8″ stud, and that’s the one you want. Purchased at a Napa store in Sturgeon Bay for $350 or $360, can’t remember. Also was available at a marine dealer there for $400. Available also at Batteries plus for apx $450, and I’m sure available at your marine dealer. Also many have had a great result with the Duracell 31 AGM sold at Sams club for about $220. Major improvement from the Interstate 27 series starting battery that boat was rigged with, and died in a year and a half.

Northcoast

Ed, I run the same boat. What made you switch to itroll, have you been happy with it? Thanks.

gerritsb

Huge thumbs up on the WAve Pros… I am also trying to get my Lenco tabs wired up blinker style switches…. I posted yesterday looking for advice. Seems to be sort of a mystery out there on if and how to do this. Skeeter Boat Center in Chippewa Falls has been great to work with!

Musky Ed

To many problems with the wireless trollmaster. Had it replaced twice under warranty, and just got fed up with it not working correctly for more than a couple of weeks at a time. Had one of their dial units in a previous boat and it was fantastic, but the wireless version is a pos. Could have went back to their dial version, but after so much frustration with their wireless version, decided to switch to Itrol, as everyone seems to like them. When you have problems with something, you really learn the value that a good dealer provides.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

A Rev4 completely changed my boat’s ride for the better. I had WavePros in both my previous boats, so of course I have a couple in my Skeeter. My FIL made me a downrigger mount that fits in the holes for the backrest. I put a tray on the passenger dash to prevent things from sliding off. Had the cover modified for rubber bungee straps rather than the factory straps.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.