What do i need to try that i havent already #2

• matthewkolden

Mod please delete the previous post. It will not allow me to post the correct image so i made a new topic.

So starting over here, I cannot get these fish to bite. Ive tried slip bobbers, jig n raps, spinners, crank baits, jig and minnow etc etc. They never bite. Are these walleye? What the heck else do i need to do?

Attachments:
    1. 0822201446.jpg

Dave maze
    Isanti

When I find fish like that i tell myself they are suckers or carp and move on.

matthewkolden

When I find fish like that i tell myself they are suckers or carp and move on.

So how the heck would i identify a gamefish from these? I have other pics I’ve taken that won’t seem to let me post on here. I’ve marked things similar to this all around my lake. Shallow, deep (well, deep as far as my lake goes. Maxes out around 16ft).

Tony Hanson

An underwater camera is the best way to ID them since they won’t bite. Suckers and walleyes look very similar on sonar and often occupy the same areas in a lake, so I wouldn’t be too surprised if that’s what you’re seeing.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Suckers have a slightly stronger return than walleye. Otherwise they are identical on standard sonar.

Deuces

10ft with those small of marks, bigger baitfish or even light weeds

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Those are pretty small of an echo return for me to think walleye. If you were doing about 8mph they could be walleye.

Some important info you are missing on your screen is speed and water temp.

As mentioned, in a lake that shallow I’d be trying spinners on weed lines or even through/over the weeds.

matthewkolden

Those are pretty small of an echo return for me to think walleye. If you were doing about 8mph they could be walleye.

Some important info you are missing on your screen is speed and water temp.

As mentioned, in a lake that shallow I’d be trying spinners on weed lines or even through/over the weeds.

This was about 2mph with surface temp at 75 ish degrees. I should have made sure to capture that in the pic.

Fwiw i have tried spinners near and through the weeds pretty extensively with limited success. In facg, its all just been small panfish and some hammerhandle pike. I do also recognize that its August and the fishing has slowed dramatically.

deertracker

I tried to find one of my pics but couldn’t. Last week while trolling lead I was going over schools of perch at 2mph and had marks about that size. We would occasionally catch a perch going through the school, hoping for walleyes, and they were about 4 inches long.
    DT

deertracker

Forgot to add that I was zoomed in to 2x. What zoom setting were you on?
    DT

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.