What did I miss ?

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Why is old tom gone now. He had more usefull knowledge and tips from crappie fishing to hunting to cooking, all the way to feeding birds.
    Thats to bad he is gone. What happened ? I was busy during a 8 hr drive from south Dakota to north branch yesterday in the blizzard so I didn’t get to see any good stuff

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Tom Sawvell? Gone?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

He’s probably out deer hunting.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

There was another political thread started last night that I saw he joined in on before the whole thing got dusted.
    Guessing that might something to do with it.

Hoping the rest of the political minds find their way out as well.

CaptainMusky

I hope he is just on a forced vacation for a few days. He is a wealth of knowledge and really keeps this place going from time to time.

munchy
    NULL

He no longer has a profile so I’m guessing it’s a permanent vacation.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Wish we could know why these things happen. He was a great contributor and should not have been removed my opinion.

CaptainMusky

Wish we could know why these things happen. He was a great contributor and should not have been removed my opinion.

And there are some people who frequently post and are constant instigators. I had a run-in with Tom, but we DM’d each other and resolved our differences like adults, not children. Ive always respected his posts. Some I didnt agree with, but you dont have to get into measuring contests about everything even if you disagree.

shockers
    Rochester

Wait…what???? Tom is my favorite poster! He has forgotten more about crappie fishing than I’ll ever learn. And he’s super generous with his time/wisdom. I may have to swing by and ask. He lives near me.

No idea what the political thread was about. I generally ignore/don’t read all the political BS on IDO. I read IDO for fishing. And tips on how to target the elusive sheepshead.

Peace out

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If Tom was removed from this Site, then this site has lots of problems and is likely to lose many regular visitors ( Myself included ) With all the crap going on in some post lately then lots of posters should have been dusted long before Tom. Maybe he just had enough of the Crap and just decided to move on. I know of several other sites he is on. May check in with him on there and see what the issue is.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I know of several other sites he is on.

If you’d care to share either on here or a PM I’d be glad to know where else to reach Tom. Also I’d be glad to learn more about a site where people talk about the outdoors, not a site where outdoor people go to talk about politics and partisan bickering.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

There a lot of people that are only here to bicker it seems and of course it got worse with the election. If they nuked Tom then I have a list of a few more that should be gone also.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Yeah I have no idea what Tom posted, but there are people who attack others and get political almost daily. There’s been some legit racist or comments insulting groups of people by plenty of folks but it seems if it’s aligned with a certain agenda it’s allowed. I see a thread started about election fraud was removed very quickly, yet the current 6-page shutdown thread has now gone off the rails and is talking about election fraud.

Once the door was opened earlier this year to engage in political/partisan bashing many people have taken that opportunity almost daily. All it would’ve taken was to enforce what already exists on the main page about political posts not being tolerated.

mrpike1973

I truly enjoyed learning from him as well

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’m hoping Tom is on a short term pause. I’ve had separate messages with him and have always enjoyed those discussions.

I think alot of us could use a little pause from the political posts, news, and rhetoric. I’m not just speaking about this site, either. I’ve stopped reading the political posts here because I need a break from all of it. We’ve generally given up on the most media in general in our house.

Hopefully Tom comes back – his knowledge and posts were great.

mojogunter

Maybe he had enough and canceled his account. I hope he wasn’t tossed. There have been direct threats to members on this site by other members and not even a small vacation for the threat. I was amazed they were still posting the next day. Must be buddies with a moderator. I am almost done with site too if things don’t calm down. I think he canceled his account.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Maybe he had enough and canceled his account.

Then he managed to do something that I asked about some time back and was told was impossible to do.

mojogunter

That is a bummer then. I wonder what one has to do to get booted. I didn’t see what was posted, and like I said before things I have come across that have been posted and ignored have amazed me. I can’t imagine tom would posted something worse than a direct threat.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I sure hope Tom comes back or is allowed to come back. That man is a wealth of knowledge on many topics and is willing to share it with the rest of us.

steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

Maybe he had enough and canceled his account. I hope he wasn’t tossed. There have been direct threats to members on this site by other members and not even a small vacation for the threat. I was amazed they were still posting the next day. Must be buddies with a moderator. I am almost done with site too if things don’t calm down. I think he canceled his account.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I hope Tom did’nt get tossed.I really enjoyed his posts.
    I know we all have our opinions on everything,but if you don’t like it don’t read it.
    It won’t change anything,but if Tom left on his own accord so be it.I just hope he did’nt get thrown out for having an opinion.If he got axed,permanently over his view on politics than i disagree with that.My opinion.
    I hope he comes back.

bobberstop4054

Trump lost this election didnt he? Move on Republicans

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    I know of several other sites he is on.

If you’d care to share either on here or a PM I’d be glad to know where else to reach Tom. Also I’d be glad to learn more about a site where people talk about the outdoors, not a site where outdoor people go to talk about politics and partisan bickering.

I thought I had a private message from Tom where he gave me some muzzleloading sites he was on. I can’t find the message

MNdrifter

Thats a shame. Tom was a wealth of knowledge.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I thought I had a private message from Tom where he gave me some muzzleloading sites he was on. I can’t find the message

No problem, thanks for checking.

riverruns
    Inactive

My PM measages are gone as well.
    I have no idea what happened??

The guy seemed liked he had a wealth of knowledge to contribute.From fishing crappies to muzzleloader hunting, to curing and smoking meat.

I had the opportunity to meet him and his wife while we were camping with the family this past summer. Seemed like a great guy. Wish him all the best.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Trump lost this election didnt he? Move on Republicans

There it is…Kinda the pot calling the kettle black on that one!!2016??

If you don’t wanna talk politics or can’t handle different Veiws, your one click away to the home page. nobody is forcing you to read the “garbage”.

Hopefully he took a break on his on his own, he has a lot of knowledge and good threads.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think it’s time I take a step away from this site as well. I enjoy talking fishing and hunting as much as anyone else here. But I also know there is more to life than just hunting and fishing and those things need to be discussed as well. A lot of people here just want to burry their heads in the sand and hope real world issues go away. The mods on here just have no consistency on what they allow and what they don’t. When people like Tom and Iowaboy who are always willing to help people and have a ton of knowledge to share either are tossed or decide to move on then this site is no longer what once made it a great site to me.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.