What comes around goes around

• munchy
    NULL

I cringe at the helicopters used in wild boar hunting.

Wild boars are incredibly invasive. They cause billions of dollars in damage each year and can reproduce multipletimes a year. They will kill and displace everything if given a chance. They need to be controlled, and if a helicopter and AK47 or AR is the answer, so be it. I’d rather give deer, fox and other natural wild animals a chance than give the control to wild boars.

ThunderLund78

Nice work EPG!
    Way to do the right thing.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The owner of a dog that kills or pursues a deer is guilty of a petty misdemeanor and may be fined up to $500 for each violation.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Dogs caught chasing deer may be killed by a person other than a peace or conservation officer, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).

Between Jan. 1 and July 14, a person other than a peace or conservation officer may kill a dog that has pursued, wounded or killed a big game animal.

Dogs chasing deer this time of year is an annual problem, according to a DNR report. The deer are cold and struggling to survive while dogs are full of energy and ready to run.

The report urged dog owners to keep control over their dogs.

DNR Enforcement Director, Col. Jim Konrad said, “The DNR doesn’t perceive this as a dog problem. We perceive it as a people problem.”

2022 Snowmobile Rules
    It is unlawful to:
    • use a snowmobile to chase, run over, or kill a wild animal
    • shoot or attempt to shoot a wild animal from a snowmobile.

Umy
    South Metro

Huge fine
    Loss of vehicles to be sold at auction
    Public humiliation

D- bags!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

EPG. If I was you I’d follow up with the Law enforcement Dept. that showed up. Ask to see if any charges were made. Sure would be nice to know the name of such D-bags. A ton of Public humiliation would serve them right. Way to step up and do the right thing by making the call.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I thought you were legally allowed to shoot dogs chasing deer?

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Dogs caught chasing deer may be killed by a person other than a peace or conservation officer, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).

Between Jan. 1 and July 14, a person other than a peace or conservation officer may kill a dog that has pursued, wounded or killed a big game animal.

Dogs chasing deer this time of year is an annual problem, according to a DNR report. The deer are cold and struggling to survive while dogs are full of energy and ready to run.

The report urged dog owners to keep control over their dogs.

DNR Enforcement Director, Col. Jim Konrad said, “The DNR doesn’t perceive this as a dog problem. We perceive it as a people problem.”

Oh No – Here we go on the whole shooting of dogs chasing deer thing. Seems like this one gets brought up each year and never ends well.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I spoke with the Farmington PD.
    Unfortunately the only thing the Officer reported was speaking to me. flame

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I spoke with the Farmington PD.
    Unfortunately the only thing the Officer reported was speaking to me. flame

That’s pretty typical. Especially if the kids had snowmobiles. Doubt the cop would hike through the field in hopes of stopping them

Dave maze
    Isanti

Without registration numbers from one or all sleds it would be difficult to find them unfortunately.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Without registration numbers from one or all sleds it would be difficult to find them unfortunately.

Yeah, Looking back I should have tried taking a video.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

So in conclusion what comes around does not go around ?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Hpoefully karma catches up with those A holes!

duh queen

I thought you were legally allowed to shoot dogs chasing deer?

In WI, Dogs, no. But I haven’t seen a prohibition against shooting idiots. twisted

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

So in conclusion what comes around does not go around ?

Well, Hopefully when I saw the smoke coming out his machine he blew a head gasket smirk

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If it were a Polaris he may have lost a cylinder lol

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Wouldn’t be surprised if it shows up in cuffs n collars

I hope so. Nothing better than getting the names of these slimeballs out on the internet so everyone including employers can find out what these dirtbags did.

Way to go EPG. Hope thier damn sleds get impounded and crushed.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>LabDaddy1 wrote:</div>
    Wouldn’t be surprised if it shows up in cuffs n collars

I hope so. Nothing better than getting the names of these slimeballs out on the internet so everyone including employers can find out what these dirtbags did.

Way to go EPG. Hope thier damn sleds get impounded and crushed.

Nothing happened. The police didn’t have any records besides epgs phone call.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Thank you for trying EPG. waytogo

MX1825

EPG you did your part. waytogo
    It always amazes me that this is what happens waaaaay too often.
    We are told by all law enforcement & CO’s to call when you see some sort of violation or suspicious activity. Then when you do 90% of the time nothing gets done. flame

icex

The worst side of human nature is animal abuse like this. People who do this as fun have a darker side than most other people and if they don’t get punished for behavior like this early on it often times will manifest itself in worse ways later on in life.

The problem with most conservation rules,regulations and laws is the punishment is never severe enough to be a deterrent to keep people from repeating the behavior. And they rarely get caught to begin with. These days if you get a DUI it will greatly alter or even ruin your life. Even if it’s a first time it still turns your life upside down. I’ve never had one but know plenty people who’ve had. Point is there are many other laws on the books including conservation laws that need to carry the same consequences.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Then when you do 90% of the time nothing gets done.

The burden of proof falls on law enforcement and prosecution. Unless someone is caught in the act or there is a pile of incriminating evidence, not a whole lot can be done.

EPG still did the right thing though, regardless of the outcome.

CaptainMusky

EPG still did the right thing though, regardless of the outcome.

100% Dont let the outcome deter you from reporting something like this in the future. Eventually someone gets caught and that alone makes it worth it.

Ike Sell

EPG – ok so down south of the Cities then. I was thinking this was up by Outing. Thanks for reporting them. Others must have seen them as well. Hope they were identified. And held accountable. Do you ice fish up around Outing? I’m over on Leavitt.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

EPG – ok so down south of the Cities then. I was thinking this was up by Outing. Thanks for reporting them. Others must have seen them as well. Hope they were identified. And held accountable. Do you ice fish up around Outing? I’m over on Leavitt.

I do get out “fishing” on Roosie, I don’t seem to do very much “catching” though crazy
    Haven’t fished Leavitt but I know Locals that say they catch walleye there. I actually do a bit better on Lawrence.

Viewing 25 posts - 31 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.