What comes around goes around

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Just ran up to the hardware store. On the way up I look into this field and see 3 people on sleds chasing down 3 deer. Relentlessly bird doggin them, these deer were struggling in the deep snow. One was not bigger than my dog and running out of gas. I turn around as I call 911 and only see one sledder out there and his sled is billowing smoke. HA!
    I’m thinking the two others were smart and took off. Nope! I look into the tree line and there still chasing in them in there.
    I give the 911 operator the 411 and 10 minutes later on my way back from the hardware store the Local Cop is parked with his lights on waiting on them. I stop and let him know I was the witness who called in.

I’m still steaming mad!

AK Guy

Good for you. Too bad we can’t chase down the 3 idiots with their own sleds to see how they like it.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

great job EPG!!!!!!! waytogo waytogo applause

haleysgold
    SE MN

Idiots!
    Too bad the penalty for that isn’t more. Not sure what it even is but I know what it should be.
    That’s just plain stupid but Thank you EPG for turning them in.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Kudos for taking the time to do the right thing

wkw

Nice work EPG ! When I hear stuff like this I think ” Why?”
    What were they going to gain by running over an exhausted deer?
    I hope a judge throws the book at ’em!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Busted!

MX1825

WTG EPG!! Hope the fine is HUGE! Confiscate their sleds would be nice also.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Thatta boy EP.Treat your self to cocktail or two tonite.

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

Excellent!!

TH

I hope they loose their sleds! A holes. I spent all day blowing snow so deer can move around better on my property.

Brittman

Agree. Their sleds should be impounded and auctioned.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Glad to hear you reported it. I’d be very curious as to the punishment. My prediction is it’s nothing more than a slap on the wrist, but I hope I’m wrong

Pat K
    Empire, MN

Nature is supposed to weed out the stupid but idiots like this have been around for a long time. 50 some years ago my dad found a dead doe out in a field with tracks from snowmobiles that had been chasing it.
    Hope they caught the SOB’s EPG

Iowaboy1

Good job EPG !!
    They should pay an eye for an eye, lets put them in deep snow with tennis shoes on and chase them down until they are exhausted.
    P on you who thinks that would be cruel!!!

I love fishing and hunting, it puts food on the table and there is no harm in it done in an ethical manner, it is what fish and animals are here for.
    I love that scene in the movie Powder when that kid puts his hand on the poached deer and the poachers hand and he feels what that deer is going through as it died needlessly.

basseyes

Tip of the cap! What a trio of douche canoes. Think most on this site would’ve been fuming as well.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Guessing this goes on quite a bit in the north woods. Appreciate your effort EPG

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Scum bags. I also assume young dumb kids that’ll get a warning. And when I was a young dumb kid those cops wouldn’t catch me if I was on a sled. Broke down kid just had to deny knowing the other 2 when they run. That’s if they were smart about being dumb fu**s

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Stupid choices win stupid prizes . Some real jackasses there .

Ripjiggen

Tip of the cap! What a trio of douche canoes. Think most on this site would’ve been fuming as well.

I would hope ALL members of IDO think this was douche move. If you didn’t please don’t post. Like ever coffee

MX1825

EPG it would be nice if you have any info on this sometime in the future to post an update on charges etc.

LabDaddy1

Wouldn’t be surprised if it shows up in cuffs n collars

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

EPG it would be nice if you have any info on this sometime in the future to post an update on charges etc.

I’ll see if I can dig anything up

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Sadly They will most likely get a warning.

genegr
    Chippewa Falls, WI

This happened a few years back in Wisconsin. Lawyers got them off on hunting out of season. Snowmobile trails on private lands in the area was closed by the owners.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I was pigeon hunting on an abandoned farm site many years ago when this was more common, when I spotted a fox running it’s tail off so to speak. It’s tongue was hanging out the side of it’s mouth and I could see the steam from each breath.

Then the sleds came. It was that day I decided that chasing any animal with a motor vehicle is wrong. I cringe at the helicopters used in wild boar hunting.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I was fishing on a small lake near Mil Lacs, saw some idiot chasing a loon around. Got between him and the loon and took a good picture of the guy and the boat number and told him I was forwarding it to the Sheriff. He took off and I never saw him again. The rest of the week, every time I fished that part of the lake that loon would stay 20 or 30 feet from my boat. I guess I made a friend. I never heard back from the sheriff.

SR

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

I thought you were legally allowed to shoot dogs chasing deer?

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

2X

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.