What are your must haves in the boat?

• Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

I bought my first real boat this spring – Alumacraft Classic 165CS w/ 60hp Merc. Looking for what I need to put in it when my electronics and Minn Kota show up….”Mid-June”. I figure tool kit/plus etc. My must have is Mr. Wiffle – a Wiffle Ball bat with the ends cut off. Noone pees on my boat.

Old boat oar – canoe paddle – paddle board kind – telescopic?
    Extra Prop?

What else?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Bottle opener.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

Extra set of boat keys in your truck and an extra set of truck keys in the boat.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Electrical tape, use it for everything from band aids to quick fixes

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I’ve always kept a slip joint pliers and a 4 in 1 screwdriver just for little random things!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Rapala Super Shad
    Five Of Diamonds

Everything else is optional.

tim hurley

I have a floating waterproof solar flashlight that has velcro so it stays in my propwash section so it is out of the way. For 3 years it has been easy to find, and has not needed a battery OR a charge easy enough for the guys I fish with to find too. Yes it is not the best or or most high tech thing, but if you loose track of time and you are puting away stuff in the dark you do not have to dig into a dark bag or hatch to find your spendy one-

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

A life jacket that you will wear.

A spotlight is nice to have if boating in the dark

Toilet paper cause ya never know

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Sheer pins, qt of oil, a good pair of side cutters for hooks in whatever.

Get a bottle opener you can screw to the gunwale and place a coffee can under it.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’ve never understood the pee bucket thing. You keep a bucket to fill with pee, just to dump it into the lake you could’ve pee’d in in the first place. Then you have a wet bucket with pee residue laying in your boat.

Otherwise, what everyone else has said plus a case of stones or lattes.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Busch light.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I’ve never understood the pee bucket thing. You keep a bucket to fill with pee, just to dump it into the lake you could’ve pee’d in in the first place. Then you have a wet bucket with pee residue laying in your boat.

I pee in a pale or Gatorade bottle. Less hassle than having to balance and urine all over your gunnel

eyeguy507
    SE MN

It’s a descrete thing. Just don’t look good urinating off the side of your boat with other boats around. I too don’t like trying to balance in 2 foot waves while trying not to get it all over the gunnels or carpet. Rinse bucket in river and put back.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Water and snacks.
    Seems like when the bite slows just try to do something else. Invariably when I grab something to snack on the bite picks up.

tim hurley

Wipes & bottle openers. Love beer in a bottle, but buy cans just for the boat. Otherwise I find a hard edge and swack it. Manly. Not as manly as using your teeth but..
    I usually need wipes at the launch, I ask for xtra napkins at the fast food place and keep them in my car, ocassionaly have to go in the woods but I’ll stop there.

Norsky

I talked to a guy that helps recover drowning victims, lots of guys with their zippers down that thought they could pee over the side of the boat, fall in, done, game over, I’ll take a pee bottle with me.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Rapala Super Shad
    Five Of Diamonds

Everything else is optional.

A clown colored rapala always sits in my cup holder ready to go!

tim hurley

Pee into the prop wash area, just be careful of the battery. How did we get on peeing anyway?

Karry Kyllo

A roll of toilet paper in a plastic bag is always nice to have on the boat if you ever need it.

Sylvanboat

Float thing for boat keys and spare boat plug.

grizzly
    nebraska

5 gallon bucket to go post. Not taking her clear back to bank. And toilet paper

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I was just cleaning the pontoon seats and remembered we have this dry bag to store paper towels, TP, 1st aid kit, license and registration, additional phone chargers, etc.
    It’s not coast guard approved but you can use it as a throwable.
    I also keep extra rope, boat bumpers and a good sponge.

Attachments:
    1. Dry-Bag.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

A dry sack like epg is also what I carry. I usually keep a towel, tp, my portable charger and speaker in it along with a lighter

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.