What a great guy….

• Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

We’ve discussed this before…..The guy who plead to having over 2500 over his limit was sentenced today……
    $4800.00,12 years and loss of his boat and freezers…
    But the real kicker is what he told the agent who busted him…
    “According to police reports, Paalksnis was uncooperative and vulgar when talking to the warden supervisor, telling him if he was younger he would beat him up.

“I hate game wardens,” Paalksnis said. “The only thing I hate more than game wardens is (racial slur for African-Americans).”

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/onalaska-angler-gets-hefty-fine–year-ban-for-bag/article_f9092254-91b1-5bd6-abb4-a026bfe67ea8.html

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

This perp will be back out fishing before the ice goes out. Absolutely count on it.

This is just the kind of a-hole that thinks he’s entitled to do whatever he wants. Plus, he’ll figure there’s nothing more they can do to him.

I’m glad they got him and this is the kind of initial stop and then follow up investigation that I’d like to see a LOT more of in MN. Perps like this guy are everywhere in MN. It’s only the lack of COs and investigators that keeps us from busting more of them.

I wonder if it would be possible to pass a law in MN that says anyone busted with a gross over the limit violation is automatically subject to having their home and property searched for fruther violations, no warrant required? I’d love to see it become easier to investigate and bust these serieal poachers and bust them really, really hard.

I totally hope the local conservation officers have this guys vehicle type and license number taped to their dash so they can nail him again. He’ll be out there, count on it.

Grouse

Timmy

Less than $2/fish? WTH?

That’s ridiculous! I agree – h will be fishing(and harvesting again) before ice out…….

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I agree this won’t stop him. He is making a profit selling his fish to people in Chicago. The wardens need to catch these people. Take away his profit stream then maybe he will stop.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sounds like a great guy. What are the chances he even pays $1 of that? Do they deduct the price his boat and freezers fetch at an auction?

I have a feeling he’ll be doing a lot more night fishing.

milemark_714

Years ago my grandpa was checked with 3 over on sunfish,and got fined 65.00.That’s 21.67 a fish.Take what POS had,and multiply by that,and adjust for inflation.I think my grandpa was caught on 3rd lake back in 1973.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Why didnt the paper post his picture?
    Publishing his mug would make it much easier to keep tabs on this decrepit doosh.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Apparently the judge knew better then the prosecutors:

“Prosecutors apparently agreed to ask a LaCrosse County Circuit judge to impose a $10,000 fine, revoke his fishing privileges for 12 years, and order Paalksnis to forfeit his 15-foot boat that was seized by authorities”

“Seven over limit citation between 1989 and 2011”

“Selling bags of fish for $5. each in Chicago”

Pfft he’s fishing right now.

lhprop1
    Eagan

“Paalksnis told a warden that he had been selling bags of fish in Chicago for about 20 years, according to the reports.”

Sounds like a job for the IRS.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Careful, I got blasted a few weeks ago for saying he should be looked at for tax evasion and for health department issues (selling wild fish without a license). After all, we don’t want an egregious repeat offender to pay consequences for all of his crimes.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Get the Feds involved! Interstate commerce!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Second hand story.

Three freezers with sauger and walleye that were going down to Chicago back in the ’70’s. Feds brought in a freezer truck to haul out the evidence.

Before this fella could go to court he passed away in a blue suburban while collecting launch fees.

I’ve searched the newspaper archives and couldn’t find anything that would back up my hearsay story above.

My point is that its an easy way to supplement social security payments.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

This guy should be dragged behind a boat for a couple hours as far I’m concerned. devil I would bet he was back fishing within a week of being arrested. I would bet he had fish in the freezer before his court date came up. flame

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.