• Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

This is one sweet set up.

Baitwaster
    South metro

Pull boat with station wagon

[ ] No
    [X] abso-fricken-lutely

Desperate times called for desperate measures!

Deuces

My grandpa pulled the boat w his station wagon all over, hundreds of trips to Minnetonka with just us 2. He had one eye so it was all backroads from north minneapolis out to mainly north arm. Would shorefish maxwell down the street when it was prestine Lilly pads in that corner.

Always thought that’s why my first car was a pt cruiser, same concept, hatchback of sorts. My first boat I bought first trip out was to same spot we used to go to.

Forever live the wagons toast

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Bolted on a cheap hitch and towed my boat with a 1980 Firebird !

-J.

Stanley

I towed my first boat with my 1990 Ford Taurus. A 16ft alumacraft. My dad got a snowmobile in the early 70’s and towed it with his 67 firebird 4spd. I finally convinced him to take the hitch off the car in the early 00’s.

Charles

I couldn’t even imagine trying to break down a lake back in those days. To this day my dad is still old school when he goes fishing, just a very very basic 2d with no gps.

JEREMY
    BP

Didnt need to over think it back then there was more fish before all the electronics. I remember going to Waconia and dad would line up a church a water tower and a point on shore and we would always get fish.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

A buddy and I had little 14-footer in high school that we towed with my ’84 Plymouth Reliant. We got some funny looks at boat landings, but it worked! I’ve got to have a pic of that somewhere. rotflol

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I had and old Chev. wagon a few years back,roomy.
    I would guess that was their RV back then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.