West central MN lakes

• brueggemanate
    NW Iowa

Looking to take my first walleye fishing trip to west central Minnesota in May or June. Lots of different lakes around Detroit Lakes, Otter Tail and Alexandria area. What would be some walleye lakes to look at for a 2-3 day trip midweek. Also will be camping so would be nice to be right by the lake. Thanks

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

Check out Maplewood State Park by Pelican Rapids, Mn. Lake Lida is in the park and good for walleye. Star, Dead, Lizzie, and of course Otter Tail are not far away. There’s over 1000 lakes in this county, so you don’t have to go far to find a lake with whatever you are looking to catch.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

If you want to check out Otter Tail, you shouldn’t be disappointed in May or June. I’ve got a couple RV sites at my resort, so depending on dates, I might be able to accommodate you.

AK Guy

If you want to check out Otter Tail, you shouldn’t be disappointed in May or June. I’ve got a couple RV sites at my resort, so depending on dates, I might be able to accommodate you.

Excellent advice.

Michael Best

It’s been a number of years since i have fished that are but west battle used to be decent fishing that time of year as well as clitheral.
    Of course ottertail will be the best bet for numbers.

deertracker

Lake Carlos State Park would be a good option. That would put you on the Alexandria chain of lakes.
    DT

brueggemanate
    NW Iowa

Thanks everyone for the suggestions it helps a lot when you’ve never been to an area. Right now it sounds like going to start at otter tail lake with Trev and see where the fish take me after that.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Thanks everyone for the suggestions it helps a lot when you’ve never been to an area. Right now it sounds like going to start at otter tail lake with Trev and see where the fish take me after that.

Ottertail is a great lake. Also in the area is Big Pine, and Lida. Lida has a pretty restrictive slot, but I never went there to catch keepers, I went to catch lots. Ottertail and Big Pine are 2 of my favorites in the area!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.