$2000

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2102-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_2103-scaled.jpeg

3. IMG_2101-scaled.jpeg

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Red Eye,
    What model year is this hull? Are new end caps available from We no nah? Is the hull titled and current/up to date on registration paperwork?

Gitchi Gummi

thats a real nice rig! I’d be interested if it was a 17′.

Huntindave – replacement end caps are available from wenonah for like $25. Also, canoes typically dont have titles.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

thats a real nice rig! I’d be interested if it was a 17′.

Huntindave – replacement end caps are available from wenonah for like $25. Also, canoes typically dont have titles.

Gitchi,

Not asking if canoes are typically titled. If this canoe was ever titled, the title stays with it.
    When a boat has a title, it means there’s a legal document that proves you’re the owner. Having a title issued in your name and the boat’s model means that you’re the owner. It’s a legal practice that ensures your vehicle is protected against theft.

In most states, small boats powered by oars, sails, or paddles don’t need a title. You can still get a title for your boat for security purposes, but it’s not legally required.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

ok…. whistling someones gonna……does it come with a box fan….and i dont see stickers????/ devil chased

Red Eye

Bought it on auction. No current registration. Have bill of sale in hand.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2115-scaled.jpeg

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Bought it on auction. No current registration. Have bill of sale in hand.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately without a current registration I would be unable to complete the transfer into my name.

Quoted directly from the Iowa DNR
    “NOTE: Iowa law requires the seller give the buyer, at the time of purchase, written documentation of ownership such as a bill of sale AND registration and/or title signed over to the buyer.”
    =======================================
    Before someone else jumps in and claims the above is inaccurate, Yes a person can go thru the process to get a “bonded registration” if the only document you have is a bill of sale. It can be a long and expensive process to do so. https://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/forms/5420855.pdf

Red Eye

Dave I sent you a message.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Had no idea these we so expensive!! shock

-J.

Red Eye

Yep they are pretty much top of the line canoes. This model only weighs 49lbs. But it retails for over $3500. Im to afraid to use it otherwise Id be keeping it myself.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

And,,,,,,,,, that doesn’t even include a motor. mrgreen Yes, not your typical knock around, drag across the gravel bar, float down the river vessel. BUT, they are lightweight for ease of portage. My 16’6″ We-no-nah Prism, solo canoe weighs in at 30lbs. The hull in the ad, is shorter, wider and heavier at 36lbs.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

This model only weighs 49lbs

Red Eye, I think you grabbed the wrong spec. Your model should weigh in at 36lbs.

Gitchi Gummi

-J.

wenonah makes top of the line kevlar canoes. as with all fishing gear, premium equipment calls for premium prices

also, I’d be shocked if this thing weighed more than 40 lbs, especially only being 14′. I think dave is closer in the 36 lb range.

OP, if you’re not having any luck on buyers, go over to the for sale forum on bwca.com. That is more of your target audience and should be able to move this thing pretty quickly

Red Eye

Yep looks like you’re right on the weight. I misread.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.