Feels like spring….

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Instead of clicking the back button, use the index button. This will take you back to the list of search results.

If you are clicking on the back button and expect your search criteria to be in the search fields with out having to retype them…Sorry. (

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Every day is a day closer to March….

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m hoping to hunt in March in SD. Probably won’t time out the way I need it to, but you never know. A high school buddy is home from a deployment in the service and we are planning a late ice/snow goose hunt in NE SD. Of course with no snow, I have a feeling the birds will be passing through quickly this spring.

How do you think the migration will go? Assuming we don’t get dumped on with snow this month…

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

1 million snows at Squaw Creek as of this morning!

It’s definitely gonna be an interesting spring with the lack of snow.

cdn
    West Central, MN

That is a sweet view!

It will definitely be an interesting spring! Curious if this weather will continue. I’d personally love a deep snow line in Canada, myself.

marsh_monster
    Metro

We just booked our hotel for the annual snow goose trip to SD for the weekend of March 23rd!SO pumped!

1775prov

My wife and I were just discussing taking a trip to North Dakota to try and witness the spring snow goose migration.

I used to hunt waterfowl religously but have never seen anything like that.
    So after seeing those photos, I wouuld like to ask you if there is a way to track the migration and put ourselves in a position where we could see it.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Nothing like that at all…but we’ve had flocks of canadians flying north (super high) at 300 to a 1000 at a time. The winds switched out of the north/northwest and the flights have shut down. Poor birds are a little too anxious and running into a lot of ice yet. Snow cover around here is 75% gone, so a lot of available food!

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Jeff,

Following the big concentrations of geese in the spring is pretty easy now-adays. The official Game and Fish reports will start up in SD any day…..if you follow the reports, finding geese is NOT hard.

South Dakota Reports
    http://gfp.sd.gov/hunting/waterfowl/migration/default.aspx
    #1-605-885-6401

North Dakota Reports
    http://gf.nd.gov/multimedia/news/spring-light-goose-update.html
    #1-701-328-3697

A pretty safe bet is the Sand Lake NWR near Aberdeen, SD…..3-4 week of March (depending on what mother nature has in store for the rest of spring).
    http://www.fws.gov/sandlake/migration.htm

If you’ve never seen the spring migration of waterfowl in the dakotas….it will blow your mind. I see it every year, and it still blows my mind.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.