What works better Robo duck in air or Floatin Robo

• adloos
    Winona, MN

I have always used in the air robo ducks, this year though i bought a floating robo ducked. What do you guys think works better?

mustbefishing
    Ladysmith, WI

I haven’t used the floater yet, but will soon purchase one to use in deeper water. I am not sure that either will work better, although I see the main benefit will be that you can use the floater in a spread in water over 3 feet. I think that the motion is the key not whether or not it floats or flies. You’ll have to let us know what you find out when you try it.

mustbefishing
    Ladysmith, WI

I haven’t used the floater yet, but will soon purchase one to use in deeper water. I am not sure that either will work better, although I see the main benefit will be that you can use the floater in a spread in water over 3 feet. I think that the motion is the key not whether or not it floats or flies. You’ll have to let us know what you find out when you try it.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I got to hunt in front of a floater last week for the first time. I thought it looked very good. With this particular model the wings occasionally touched the water which looked great. As for what the ducks thought, it’s hard to say as we also had robos on pole in the spread.
    Remember though that a robo on a pole is definitely seen better form any areas with vegetation because it is above the water.
    That brings up an interesting question. My hunting buddy and I argue constantly about how high off the water to put the decoy. We generally put it about three feet above the water but I have seen them put as high a six or seven feet up. What do you guys think?

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I got to hunt in front of a floater last week for the first time. I thought it looked very good. With this particular model the wings occasionally touched the water which looked great. As for what the ducks thought, it’s hard to say as we also had robos on pole in the spread.
    Remember though that a robo on a pole is definitely seen better form any areas with vegetation because it is above the water.
    That brings up an interesting question. My hunting buddy and I argue constantly about how high off the water to put the decoy. We generally put it about three feet above the water but I have seen them put as high a six or seven feet up. What do you guys think?

Gator Hunter

mustbefishing
    Ladysmith, WI

Do they make extender poles for the robos? I have a lucky duck. I wonder if they make extenders. I would imagine that it would be better to be seen from a greater distance. I am pretty sure it wouldn’t hurt.

mustbefishing
    Ladysmith, WI

Do they make extender poles for the robos? I have a lucky duck. I wonder if they make extenders. I would imagine that it would be better to be seen from a greater distance. I am pretty sure it wouldn’t hurt.

adloos
    Winona, MN

What i have often thought was that the ducks get so used to seeing a duck on a pole that something floating on the water is a little different, because not a lot of people have the floating robo, compared to the flying robo. What do you guys think?

adloos
    Winona, MN

What i have often thought was that the ducks get so used to seeing a duck on a pole that something floating on the water is a little different, because not a lot of people have the floating robo, compared to the flying robo. What do you guys think?

minigrub
    Winona MN

Hello Andy

Caught your post on robos, just for fun sometime try two posted robos one at about 5 feet and the other at 7 ft, directly behind each other facing into the wind, with about 6-8 decoys. you will be pleased, it is something different the ducks look at, just like bassin, the one who stays on top and trys new things sometimes stubbles on to bigger things. opener we had 3 mallards 3 teel 2 woodies and one goose, I hunted up in alexandria, with my father. private property, no crowds, i plan on being around this weekend let me know how you did, i will send you a post later on how i did.

Remember ID first then slaughter!!

minigrub
    Winona MN

Hello Andy

Caught your post on robos, just for fun sometime try two posted robos one at about 5 feet and the other at 7 ft, directly behind each other facing into the wind, with about 6-8 decoys. you will be pleased, it is something different the ducks look at, just like bassin, the one who stays on top and trys new things sometimes stubbles on to bigger things. opener we had 3 mallards 3 teel 2 woodies and one goose, I hunted up in alexandria, with my father. private property, no crowds, i plan on being around this weekend let me know how you did, i will send you a post later on how i did.

Remember ID first then slaughter!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.