Really miss my boy…..

• dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

It’s been several year’s but I still miss my boy Brooks. He lived for this time of year.

If you guys don’t mind, here are a few pics of him doing what he loved to do.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

No problem at all DD!

Awesome looking pup! Here’s to Brooks pounding those sloughs and fields every day since he left you, waiting for you to meet up with him again!

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

I hear your loss. I had put my yellow lab K.C. down last Oct. 6th, I still get teary eyed thinking about her. Hunting birds just isn’t the same without her. I am still on the fence on getting another yellow lab. Too many memories of K.C. All I know is there in a better place chasing birds galore in GOD’S best creation.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

I hear ya Craig. I bet I havent bird hunted more that a half dozen times since I put Brooks down.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I have that same dog blind for mine. Cool pics!

Eric

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

What a beautiful lab. Love the block head and white coat. I can see how you miss him.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Never, NEVER enough pics of good looking labs doing what they do. Thanks!

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

DD,
    I get home everyday and look at all the goose decoys, 2 dog kennels, training bumpers, leash – all is still hanging on the wall in the garage.
    I remember one time when my neighbor took K.C. out to Ivanhoe, Mn to meet up with some pheasant hunters. These guys were bragging how great their labs were. They spent $4-5K for their dogs, and they were the bomb. K.C. wasn’t in total field shape yet for pheasant hunting – my neighbor Derek told me when he arrived at camp – the other guys asked why he brought an old lab, stating she was a “house” dog. Derek replied “yep”! she isn’t in shape but she is o.k. Long story short, by the end of the weekend, these guys were asking if he wanted to sell the dog and where he got her from. Derek replied, “I got her off the couch”
    All we have is the pictures and memories – and damn, some of them are the reason I think about getting another Yellow Lab

I feel your loss Dennis.

I had to put my Shorthair down in August, and it was truly one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done.

My guess is that he’s still here is spirit though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.