Just Wow…

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Chalk up another pretty incredible couple days to what has already been our best season ever! I’ve never shot flocks of mallards closer than what we had this weekend. Saturday we were done in 37 minutes. I’ll take these hunts over the ice, cold, and snow any day!

We usually don’t see any blacks until mid-late November…….but we got one Sunday (didn’t hide well enough in a 6 pack of mallards)……that’s the 2nd one we’ve seen already this year.

Leaving for Nodak tomorrow!

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Awesome pic’s Jake…it’s amazing when you do see a black Duck mixed in with the Mallards they do stick out like a sore thumb don’t they.
    Whatsa

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Great stuff Jake, looks like a pretty incredible hunt. 37 minutes is wild!

Can I ask what you’re shooting for a camera? Time and time again you post some pretty quality shots, and usually that’s not by accident.

Joel

codycroteau
    La Crosse, WI

This weekend was amazing for us too! GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Can’t say we did anything like 37 mintues, though we did have our 20 mallards after an hour and 15 minutes, and then waited it out to get a couple of other species. Ended our day with a 5 man limit of 30, with 20 mallards, 4 pintails, 2 woodies, 1 widgeon, 1 gadwall, 1 greenwing, and one Black Duck , which is also the earliest we have ever shot one (also saw a pair opening day this year for the first time ever). This is the only photo I have right now and it’s off a cell phone so not greatest quailty but I hope to get some better ones soon. Overall an awesome 2nd opener though. Only thing missing was a lone spoonie.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Joel,

I don’t have any special camera…..just a couple hundred $$$ Canon Power Shot.

It’s not about the camera, it’s about taking the time to set up nice photos……And I paid a lot of $$$ to WSU to learn how to take nice photos.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Great pics congrats

red_lab
    Winsted,MN

We shot a blackduck here in Wright County Mn on the second weekend. In 18 years of waterfowling that is the first one any of us had ever seen!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Great job guys….looks like it was fun.

Jake – tell James I said hello!

kris_brantner
    My river

nice job! im having the worst start to a season ive ever had. i havent shot a green head yet! over time, moving to day shift, getting screwed by other hunters and the high flood water have me scratching my head this year so far… even north dakota only produced mostly gadwalls

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.