waterfowler.com……. another one bites the dust

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey all you duck fans out there,

just thought i’d let everyone that didn’t know already the dissapointing news. waterfowler.com, what used to be one of the best waterfowling sites on the web, just became a MEMBERS ONLY PAY SITE :mad it used to have great feild reports almost every day, especially on the MN and WIS pages. the discussion forums were also a great place to get any type of duck hunting info you’d want. behind this place (in a very distant second) that’s the site i spent most of my time on. guest are no longer allowed to post or view feild reports or use the discussion forums. just like everything else in life, it’s now gonna cost you money to get anything usefull off that site. it’s not a whole lot, but it’s more then i’m willing to spend. it just makes me sad .

it just shows how good we’ve got it here on IN-DEPTHANGLING.com. anyone and everyone is welcome to post or view reports and what not. i just can’t say enough about how well this site is run and i hope it stays this way for along long time .

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We’ll never be a pay-site here. Sorry to hear about you losing one of your faves. I’m willing to bet they’ll be regretting this move in a very short amount of time.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We’ll never be a pay-site here. Sorry to hear about you losing one of your faves. I’m willing to bet they’ll be regretting this move in a very short amount of time.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

that’s exactly what i was thinking. there’s no way they’re going to get enough people to join to keep it as up-to date and productive as it was when everyone was welcome to post a report .

some of the main arguments they made for the change were “you got to pay to play” and “there isn’t any where you can get good usefull info for free anymore”. obvioulsy they’ve never been to IN-DEPTHANGLING before or they’d see how much good info you can get for free.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

that’s exactly what i was thinking. there’s no way they’re going to get enough people to join to keep it as up-to date and productive as it was when everyone was welcome to post a report .

some of the main arguments they made for the change were “you got to pay to play” and “there isn’t any where you can get good usefull info for free anymore”. obvioulsy they’ve never been to IN-DEPTHANGLING before or they’d see how much good info you can get for free.

wing_nutt3

I also was bummed to see that site go to paying members only , they had good public field reports … Tim

wing_nutt3

I also was bummed to see that site go to paying members only , they had good public field reports … Tim

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

I AGREE TOTALLY JAKE !!
    They’ve lost me for sure.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

I AGREE TOTALLY JAKE !!
    They’ve lost me for sure.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

Jake,

the info i get off of this website has really taken a toll on the ol’ pocket book for me this year. I have found that i thought i had all the good fishing baits, wrong!!!! spend some more $$$$ for new tackle. But yes. the information on how to use the stuff is free. but getting the stuff to practice with isn’t.

But i hear you there on the how lucky we have it hear and that is why we should be thankfull for the staff that work hard behind the scene to make a great website. thanks guys

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

Jake,

the info i get off of this website has really taken a toll on the ol’ pocket book for me this year. I have found that i thought i had all the good fishing baits, wrong!!!! spend some more $$$$ for new tackle. But yes. the information on how to use the stuff is free. but getting the stuff to practice with isn’t.

But i hear you there on the how lucky we have it hear and that is why we should be thankfull for the staff that work hard behind the scene to make a great website. thanks guys

shane

pitbull
    Too far from the river

They are a pay site and so is duckcentral.com

Duckcentral.com was the biggest duck site on the net and they went to a pay site..it’s screwed as well!!

I’m a mod over there and hardly visit much because there is no traffic

Since i’m a mod i didn’t hafta pay lol

pitbull
    Too far from the river

They are a pay site and so is duckcentral.com

Duckcentral.com was the biggest duck site on the net and they went to a pay site..it’s screwed as well!!

I’m a mod over there and hardly visit much because there is no traffic

Since i’m a mod i didn’t hafta pay lol

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Bottom line-This site rocks. Don’t change a thing guys.

Let me take the time to say thanks to all the people who keep this place running day in and day out. I, for one, appreciate it very much.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Bottom line-This site rocks. Don’t change a thing guys.

Let me take the time to say thanks to all the people who keep this place running day in and day out. I, for one, appreciate it very much.

Gator Hunter

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I just want to make sure my two cents are in, this is one of the three fishing sites I look at and I am just tickled pink that I got a CHANCE to fish with Holst by entering his trip contest. Also am very enthused that I have found this section of the site. I manage to make it down to the river to duck hunt a couple of times each year as well. I am having a little more difficulty moving around the new format, but with time that will not be a problem either. Also hoping to get a digital camera soon and sending in some pics for all to enjoy as much as I do the other pics that are sent in!!!

Every one behind the scenes needs a very big pat on the back!!! We need to thank those of the prostaff for letting so much of their info go as well for I feel that is a big part of the credibility of this site. I have fished with Jarrad Fluekiger twice since this Board’s inception and they were both great learning experiences even though the river threw us a couple of big curves each time. H2O got us together because of the water I wanted to fish!!! Nor should we forget the many who post info very credible info as a part of the package!!! Great Website!!!

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I just want to make sure my two cents are in, this is one of the three fishing sites I look at and I am just tickled pink that I got a CHANCE to fish with Holst by entering his trip contest. Also am very enthused that I have found this section of the site. I manage to make it down to the river to duck hunt a couple of times each year as well. I am having a little more difficulty moving around the new format, but with time that will not be a problem either. Also hoping to get a digital camera soon and sending in some pics for all to enjoy as much as I do the other pics that are sent in!!!

Every one behind the scenes needs a very big pat on the back!!! We need to thank those of the prostaff for letting so much of their info go as well for I feel that is a big part of the credibility of this site. I have fished with Jarrad Fluekiger twice since this Board’s inception and they were both great learning experiences even though the river threw us a couple of big curves each time. H2O got us together because of the water I wanted to fish!!! Nor should we forget the many who post info very credible info as a part of the package!!! Great Website!!!

Mark

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

Hey JAKE take a look at http://www.duckhunter.net . It’s free and covers everything almost. GOOD LUCK I only ask that you send some nasty wet cold duck weather and a few ducks down here to central Indiana

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

Hey JAKE take a look at http://www.duckhunter.net . It’s free and covers everything almost. GOOD LUCK I only ask that you send some nasty wet cold duck weather and a few ducks down here to central Indiana

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey tom,

that looks like a pretty good. thanks

i’ll do what i can to get them ducks on the move, cause they aren’t here yet either

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey tom,

that looks like a pretty good. thanks

i’ll do what i can to get them ducks on the move, cause they aren’t here yet either

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

This site is great! Want to know something on conditions? come to this site. Want to find out about tecniques? come to this site. Want to know or asking about anything in perticular, it may be here, if not you can ask all the members if they know. What a spread of knowhow thats up to the minute! hope this site stays around. Wonder if those other sites have an in-depthangling decal on thier trucks.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

This site is great! Want to know something on conditions? come to this site. Want to find out about tecniques? come to this site. Want to know or asking about anything in perticular, it may be here, if not you can ask all the members if they know. What a spread of knowhow thats up to the minute! hope this site stays around. Wonder if those other sites have an in-depthangling decal on thier trucks.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.