snow goose Pics

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i know how much every one enjoys pics, and now that i figured out how to do them i thought i’d post a couple. these pics were taken last spring durning my snow goose hunting trip to ND. it was an absolute blast, even though we didn’t get very many.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

we did manage to get a few

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

we did manage to get a few

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

here’s a great “sneaking too” (no laughing)

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

here’s a great “sneaking too” (no laughing)

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Jake, I’ve been hearing about the cows for a few yrs now but haven’t had the guts to try it. does it actually work? I also heard about large plastic or mylar mirrors for sneaking.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Jake, I’ve been hearing about the cows for a few yrs now but haven’t had the guts to try it. does it actually work? I also heard about large plastic or mylar mirrors for sneaking.

mudcatkid
    On water

i perfer my GHILLIE suit for sneakin snows……….

you can gat close….the only probelm is its hard to shoot with all that crap hangin from ya……..let alone belly crawling across all them fields

mudcatkid
    On water

i perfer my GHILLIE suit for sneakin snows……….

you can gat close….the only probelm is its hard to shoot with all that crap hangin from ya……..let alone belly crawling across all them fields

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

yeah, i can see how that kind of suit would work pretty good. it would be hard to shoot with it on though.

the cow never quite had it’s opportunity to shine . it didn’t work on any really BIG flocks and it’s hard to find flocks that aren’t really BIG. there was one time that it worked almost perfect. we saw a single snow goose in amongst a flock of 8-10 canadas. now the canadas are stupid in the spring because they never get shot at. so we busted out the cow and got within 30 yds before they got up. unfortunatly the one snow goose was right in the middle of the other geese and we never got a shoot at it. this was a rare opportunity being it was the ONLY snow goose we saw that wasn’t in a huge flock. it must have been wounded or inbread or something .

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

yeah, i can see how that kind of suit would work pretty good. it would be hard to shoot with it on though.

the cow never quite had it’s opportunity to shine . it didn’t work on any really BIG flocks and it’s hard to find flocks that aren’t really BIG. there was one time that it worked almost perfect. we saw a single snow goose in amongst a flock of 8-10 canadas. now the canadas are stupid in the spring because they never get shot at. so we busted out the cow and got within 30 yds before they got up. unfortunatly the one snow goose was right in the middle of the other geese and we never got a shoot at it. this was a rare opportunity being it was the ONLY snow goose we saw that wasn’t in a huge flock. it must have been wounded or inbread or something .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.