Where is everybody going this weekend?

• killducky
    Fond du Lac, Wisconsin

I figured everybody would like to have and Idea where every body all goes for opening weekend! I personaly always go to Green Bay and hunt the bay!

nubbinbuck

I hunted the IA opener this weekend – Pool 9, south of Lansing. Shooting was pretty slow, as there hasn’t been much of a push yet. We did not see many Teal at all, and the 2 we got were Greenwings !! 5 Woodies and a couple of Mergansers filled out the bag. TONS of geese…. thicker than thieves down there. Might make for an interesting weekend coming up.

nubbinbuck

I hunted the IA opener this weekend – Pool 9, south of Lansing. Shooting was pretty slow, as there hasn’t been much of a push yet. We did not see many Teal at all, and the 2 we got were Greenwings !! 5 Woodies and a couple of Mergansers filled out the bag. TONS of geese…. thicker than thieves down there. Might make for an interesting weekend coming up.

has
    Hudson, WI

I’m headed to western Mn, the Morris area to be exact. There was lots of blue-wings out there last weekend so look for the push to start soon. Remember, only shoot at what you KNOW you can kill.

has
    Hudson, WI

I’m headed to western Mn, the Morris area to be exact. There was lots of blue-wings out there last weekend so look for the push to start soon. Remember, only shoot at what you KNOW you can kill.

nubbinbuck

Headed out to N. Dakota (Leeds) on Oct 3rd. First time up there, and I am chomping at the bit here !

nubbinbuck

Headed out to N. Dakota (Leeds) on Oct 3rd. First time up there, and I am chomping at the bit here !

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey nubbinbuck,
    if it’s your first time going to ND, i can promise you you’re in for the experince of a life time . it’s unbeliveable hunting out there, espcially if all you’ve ever done is the MN thing. the first year i went out there i was blown away at the number of ducks and geese around. it’s truely an amazing place to hunt .

now if you’re really looking for a spectacle of nature, go out there durning the spring snow goose migration. i thought i’d seen a lot of birds in the fall, but when i went out there last spring, i was absoultly floored . everywhere you’d look there’d be towering tornados of thousands of birds. you can watch it on tv all you want, but you don’t truely appreciate it until your actually there in the middle of the vortex of one of those tornados . it’s defining the amount of sound 15,000 snow geese can make.

we only got 4 geese the whole trip, but i’d do it agian in a second.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey nubbinbuck,
    if it’s your first time going to ND, i can promise you you’re in for the experince of a life time . it’s unbeliveable hunting out there, espcially if all you’ve ever done is the MN thing. the first year i went out there i was blown away at the number of ducks and geese around. it’s truely an amazing place to hunt .

now if you’re really looking for a spectacle of nature, go out there durning the spring snow goose migration. i thought i’d seen a lot of birds in the fall, but when i went out there last spring, i was absoultly floored . everywhere you’d look there’d be towering tornados of thousands of birds. you can watch it on tv all you want, but you don’t truely appreciate it until your actually there in the middle of the vortex of one of those tornados . it’s defining the amount of sound 15,000 snow geese can make.

we only got 4 geese the whole trip, but i’d do it agian in a second.

killducky
    Fond du Lac, Wisconsin

I’ve gone out to North Dakota for the last 4 years and I’ll tell you what, it was kick ass every time I went out there! I also go out every spring for the snow and blue goose hunt every year and that’s the best. It only cast $ 50 dollars in the spring for all you licenses and you have a ball. I’d recamend going North to Newburg area, they have this public hunting grounds up there right on the refuge, and no buddy hunts it ever. And I tell you what, there was more pine tails, and Red head to shake a stick at last time I went out in the fall, and Still there this spring. In that area you’ll have a very good chance to fill up on White fronted geese too, in no time flat. Well good luck!

killducky
    Fond du Lac, Wisconsin

I’ve gone out to North Dakota for the last 4 years and I’ll tell you what, it was kick ass every time I went out there! I also go out every spring for the snow and blue goose hunt every year and that’s the best. It only cast $ 50 dollars in the spring for all you licenses and you have a ball. I’d recamend going North to Newburg area, they have this public hunting grounds up there right on the refuge, and no buddy hunts it ever. And I tell you what, there was more pine tails, and Red head to shake a stick at last time I went out in the fall, and Still there this spring. In that area you’ll have a very good chance to fill up on White fronted geese too, in no time flat. Well good luck!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I am headed up to Detroit Lakes this year for the opener. Last year we hunted this area on opener and shot about a dozen woodies and teal in our group. I was up there this weekend and saw some teal, a few mallards, and a sky full of geese. We have never coaxed any geese into range so hopefully this year will be the year.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I am headed up to Detroit Lakes this year for the opener. Last year we hunted this area on opener and shot about a dozen woodies and teal in our group. I was up there this weekend and saw some teal, a few mallards, and a sky full of geese. We have never coaxed any geese into range so hopefully this year will be the year.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Nubbin’ N.D.is a a great time but it almost spoils you for hunting around here. Have fun. Jake I thought you were going to Canada this week?

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Nubbin’ N.D.is a a great time but it almost spoils you for hunting around here. Have fun. Jake I thought you were going to Canada this week?

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Quote:

Jake I thought you were going to Canada this week?

Canada ehhh?? Actually, i was planning on letting the northern flight come to me

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Quote:

Jake I thought you were going to Canada this week?

Canada ehhh?? Actually, i was planning on letting the northern flight come to me

minigrub
    Winona MN

I am going up to the Battle lake area, been going there for 8 years now, hopefully the lack of rain wont effect the ducks, any thoughts

minigrub
    Winona MN

I am going up to the Battle lake area, been going there for 8 years now, hopefully the lack of rain wont effect the ducks, any thoughts

killducky
    Fond du Lac, Wisconsin

hopefully the lack of rain wont effect the ducks, any thoughts

Well I don’t think that the lack of rain makes as much of a difference to the ducks, unlike weather does. Well good luck either way!

killducky
    Fond du Lac, Wisconsin

hopefully the lack of rain wont effect the ducks, any thoughts

Well I don’t think that the lack of rain makes as much of a difference to the ducks, unlike weather does. Well good luck either way!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’ll be hunting a little spot on the Cannon river. Lots of woodys and no crowd.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’ll be hunting a little spot on the Cannon river. Lots of woodys and no crowd.

Gator Hunter

nubbinbuck

Thanks for the info on ND. I am truely blessed to have met an avid waterfowler this past year who is willing to take me under his wing and teach me the fine art of waterfowling (I only got into this a few years ago). Originally, I was headed up to SASK for a week with him, but this wonderful economy played some tricks on me. Oh well, next year hopefully. He chases snows from KS to ND during the spring, so I suppose I will be up there for a few days tryign that too.

nubbinbuck

Thanks for the info on ND. I am truely blessed to have met an avid waterfowler this past year who is willing to take me under his wing and teach me the fine art of waterfowling (I only got into this a few years ago). Originally, I was headed up to SASK for a week with him, but this wonderful economy played some tricks on me. Oh well, next year hopefully. He chases snows from KS to ND during the spring, so I suppose I will be up there for a few days tryign that too.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.