6 days, 2 hrs, 22min, 45..44..43..42..41….

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

anybody getting excited yet??? this cooler weather just gets the blood pumpin big time. i haven’t slept well in over 2 weeks. all my stuff’s been packed and ready to go for a month. now it’s just a waiting game.

COME ON SATURDAY

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Jake, where are you spending the opener? With the low water over here on the river the hunters will be more concentrated.The best spots will be taken early. I went to a game farm for a tune up yesterday. It really got my blood pumping.51 yrs old and the opener is still like christmas morning for mw. Good luck and have a safe hunt.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Jake, where are you spending the opener? With the low water over here on the river the hunters will be more concentrated.The best spots will be taken early. I went to a game farm for a tune up yesterday. It really got my blood pumping.51 yrs old and the opener is still like christmas morning for mw. Good luck and have a safe hunt.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey yellowdog, i’d have to disagree with you on one thing……..duck opener is soooooo much better then christmas morning

i’ll be spending opener in the backwaters too. we certainly plan on being out early, but the competion is not quite as fearse were we go as most places in S.E. MN. i’ve been seeing a good number of ducks around this year, i just hope they plan on cooperating better then they did last year .

good luck

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey yellowdog, i’d have to disagree with you on one thing……..duck opener is soooooo much better then christmas morning

i’ll be spending opener in the backwaters too. we certainly plan on being out early, but the competion is not quite as fearse were we go as most places in S.E. MN. i’ve been seeing a good number of ducks around this year, i just hope they plan on cooperating better then they did last year .

good luck

has
    Hudson, WI

Well Guys,
    I headed out to Western Mn with my uncle and his 12 year old boy yesterday for youth hunting,(wish they had that when I was growing up). Anyway, there wasn’t as many local duck I thought there would be. He managed to shoot 4 teal and 1 spoonbill. Now for the BIG new. The pheasants are back in full force. On the walk to the duck pond Saturday morning we managed to kick-up about 12. And while they were busy duck hunting, my dog and I tried to get into shape, and managed to flush 6-7 more birds. Looks like this year will be great.

has
    Hudson, WI

Well Guys,
    I headed out to Western Mn with my uncle and his 12 year old boy yesterday for youth hunting,(wish they had that when I was growing up). Anyway, there wasn’t as many local duck I thought there would be. He managed to shoot 4 teal and 1 spoonbill. Now for the BIG new. The pheasants are back in full force. On the walk to the duck pond Saturday morning we managed to kick-up about 12. And while they were busy duck hunting, my dog and I tried to get into shape, and managed to flush 6-7 more birds. Looks like this year will be great.

minigrub
    Winona MN

talk about no patience, Ive already memorized the names of my decoys. fred, helen, frank, suzy, …….

minigrub
    Winona MN

talk about no patience, Ive already memorized the names of my decoys. fred, helen, frank, suzy, …….

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

carefull there minigrub, you don’t want to get too attached to your decoys. what happens when a buddy accidentally shoots one??

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

carefull there minigrub, you don’t want to get too attached to your decoys. what happens when a buddy accidentally shoots one??

minigrub
    Winona MN

buddy goes to cableas and buys whole new family, picks up cost of funeral.

minigrub
    Winona MN

buddy goes to cableas and buys whole new family, picks up cost of funeral.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

you guys can all head south and west. I am heading due north. I have my spot and I know that no one will not be there. and I can go grouse hunting in the morning, then sit on my decs for the afternoon hunt.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

you guys can all head south and west. I am heading due north. I have my spot and I know that no one will not be there. and I can go grouse hunting in the morning, then sit on my decs for the afternoon hunt.

shane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.