For the Duckhunters: River Bottoms Water Report

• mustbefishing
    Ladysmith, WI

Well, for those who are interested about the upcoming duck season, I spent about 6 hours walking around the Tiffany bottoms this Saturday. It doesn’t look good boys. Holes that are normally too deep for waders were dried up completely. The only water, and I mean the only water is in the sloughs. I think if you had the right setup, you could navigate them. In my opinion, we will have to look elsewhere. Of course, with limited water, that might mean any water is good. For guys who like to hunt with a spread of dekes, that area looks pretty bleak. Of course, there is still the river and bays off of the lake. That’s where it looks like I am going to have to go. Has anyone been back in the Nelson bottoms? That is another option to consider. That has been a pretty good producer in the past, but I haven’t hunted that in a few years. Any other ideas???? Like the water supply, I’m tapped out!

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

I spent some time on 5A Wisconsin side. Same thing. Not much water. Places I was hoping to hunt were dry and can’t get the boat into others. I’m afraid that there will be some real fighting over the remaining spots. I havn’t hunted the River before so I don’t really know what to expect.

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

I spent some time on 5A Wisconsin side. Same thing. Not much water. Places I was hoping to hunt were dry and can’t get the boat into others. I’m afraid that there will be some real fighting over the remaining spots. I havn’t hunted the River before so I don’t really know what to expect.

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Hey guys I agree this will be a weird year. I am going to the albert lea area for opener, looks to be good number of birds but I have a feeling ther will be a few choice words flying because there are some places with decent water many places are dry, result= lots of hunters where they don’t hunt. I own a 12′ canyak with a 4hp, if any hunters are looking to buy a new boat check them out. They weigh 95 lbs. and are capable of 2000lb cap.(recomended 1050) run in about 4 inches of water, could be the difference between shooting ducks this year or not!

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Hey guys I agree this will be a weird year. I am going to the albert lea area for opener, looks to be good number of birds but I have a feeling ther will be a few choice words flying because there are some places with decent water many places are dry, result= lots of hunters where they don’t hunt. I own a 12′ canyak with a 4hp, if any hunters are looking to buy a new boat check them out. They weigh 95 lbs. and are capable of 2000lb cap.(recomended 1050) run in about 4 inches of water, could be the difference between shooting ducks this year or not!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.