ND picks from opener

• jmiller
    Blaine, MN

Here are a few pics that i thought you guys would enjoy from ND this last week. We hammered the ducks with 109 green heads ( some misc ducks)30 honkers 6 snows 2 blues and 8 cranes. I am so sick of eating duck i dont know what to do. We were feild hunting and got into two good ones. Also got a fox but have to download that pic. if you see me in the feild say hi.
    The last pic is my daughter and here pet duck she ate last night and loved it. She is one of a kind.

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Great pics. I love waterfowl hunting in ND glad you found the birds!

–Whitey

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Great Pics, thanks for sharing! I have not been out there in a few years and would love to get back there. I have always hunted west of Jamestown and east of Bismark both north and south of the interstate.

I had a buddy talk about going but he can’t go until mid-November – any chance it won’t be frozen solid by that time?

Dave

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

How do sandhills taste?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Nice pics and sounds like a heck of a time!!

Man, it has been way to long since I duck or goose hunted in ND (6-7 years).

Thanks for bringing back some good memories! Although the last time I was there, we were early goose hunting and limited out very quickly after a very very long evening . Needless to say we were back in the bar and I was passed out before noon. I went to let Rufus out and I went down for the count while Rufus ran through the whole lil town we were in. He made multiple trips through the grocery store and visted all 3 bars in town.

Good Times

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

Sandhills are really good they dont tast like fowl at all. They were eaten up the day after they were shot. Hey Lip i here ya on the long night we were done with these two hunts by 8:15 and the beers started flowing shortly after.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I’ve only been to ND a few times but the guys I hunted with called them sandhills “the rib-eye from the sky”. They said they were as good as any ribeye steak- too bad I never got the chance to try it for myself.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Awesome! Can’t wait to get out there.

How was the water situation? What part of the state were you hunting?

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

We were out in near rugby and there was enough water. I was going to head back out this weekend but it has been raining since Thursday so there is water standing in every feild. I guess i will have to hold off till the migration starts. First time we had ever been in this area. Not as many birds as where we usually go though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.