Migrating Already!!??

• duckilr
    Mississippi River

Could you be more specific, pond name, location, gps coordinates, etc.

kris_brantner
    My river

there may be some new birds in the area, last night we shot mallards with bright bright red-orange feet

kris_brantner
    My river

there may be some new birds in the area, last night we shot mallards with bright bright red-orange feet

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Thanks Eric. Just looking to see how far sout you are. Scouted scouted some land that I recieved permision to hunt yesterday. It was full of geese and green heads. There looked to be two big flocks. 30 or more in each. Seems a little early to be seeing this. Seems were all seeing the same thing.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Thanks Eric. Just looking to see how far sout you are. Scouted scouted some land that I recieved permision to hunt yesterday. It was full of geese and green heads. There looked to be two big flocks. 30 or more in each. Seems a little early to be seeing this. Seems were all seeing the same thing.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Sorry. I was west of the twincities about 30 to 40 minutes.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Sorry. I was west of the twincities about 30 to 40 minutes.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

The feet color thing is an old wives tale. I read it in a magazine last year. Has to do with temp or something I think, can’t remember, just remember reading feet color has nothing to do with where the ducks bred and lived.

Locals feet will change color too.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

The feet color thing is an old wives tale. I read it in a magazine last year. Has to do with temp or something I think, can’t remember, just remember reading feet color has nothing to do with where the ducks bred and lived.

Locals feet will change color too.

nubbinbuck

The feet color has to do with a hormonal change; typically seen prior to mating, but obviously it happens quite a bit earlier than the actual act of mating

nubbinbuck

The feet color has to do with a hormonal change; typically seen prior to mating, but obviously it happens quite a bit earlier than the actual act of mating

kris_brantner
    My river

no its al ole wives tale that the temp has to do with it. ive heard bioligists and shows on tv say that they turn that color from flying longer distances becuase it gets their blood circulating more from flying more than usual. it has nothing to do with being cold out becuase we shot both mallards with orange feet and mallards with bright red feet last nite

kris_brantner
    My river

no its al ole wives tale that the temp has to do with it. ive heard bioligists and shows on tv say that they turn that color from flying longer distances becuase it gets their blood circulating more from flying more than usual. it has nothing to do with being cold out becuase we shot both mallards with orange feet and mallards with bright red feet last nite

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Actually, I think this is right.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Actually, I think this is right.

kris_brantner
    My river

defnitally sounds more sensible

kris_brantner
    My river

defnitally sounds more sensible

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.