Migrating Already!!??

• lars
    Rochester, MN

Well I’ve seen them around Rochester before but never this early, it’s the white bird known as the snow goose. Yep there I was workin’ away outside and a flock of 8 canadas….and a snow flew over the top of me at about a range of 50 yards. He must have been lost, or was he? Later on I saw a pretty good number of cacklers flying around, I would say 4 or 5 good sized flocks, I haven’t been checking up on Canada weather but makes a guy sure want to start! Headin’ up to the duck factory tomorrow to see if anything may catch a servere west wind and come on over to 10,000 lakes to migrate.

Lars

the GREEN one is the BEST one!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Saw somewhere there is snow forecast for North Dak today and tomorrow.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Saw somewhere there is snow forecast for North Dak today and tomorrow.

herb
    6ft under

Saw a flock of snows and blues on pool 9 sunday.

herb
    6ft under

Saw a flock of snows and blues on pool 9 sunday.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

You guys sure your not mistaking swans or pelicans for snows? I have never seen a snow goose this far east. I may be wrong, and not afraid to say so. If you guys are right, bring em on! I wanna bust some snows!

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

You guys sure your not mistaking swans or pelicans for snows? I have never seen a snow goose this far east. I may be wrong, and not afraid to say so. If you guys are right, bring em on! I wanna bust some snows!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I don’t duck hunt anymore but every year I see a flock of Canada’s in the feild up here near Hasings that has 1 snow in it. Every year I see it! It’s pretty hard to mistake a swan flying with canada’s…That thing would make those honkers small.I don’t think a Pelican could keep up.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I don’t duck hunt anymore but every year I see a flock of Canada’s in the feild up here near Hasings that has 1 snow in it. Every year I see it! It’s pretty hard to mistake a swan flying with canada’s…That thing would make those honkers small.I don’t think a Pelican could keep up.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Geese have definatly been moving…..Have been for a couple weeks now

I know they’re expecting snow in NoDak tomorrow and colder temps for us……Still can’t get too excited for a big push though…..it’s just too early in the year yet……Last year we had a big cold front push through the 2nd week in Oct. with little to NO migration to speak of

As far as snows go……I BELIEVE

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Geese have definatly been moving…..Have been for a couple weeks now

I know they’re expecting snow in NoDak tomorrow and colder temps for us……Still can’t get too excited for a big push though…..it’s just too early in the year yet……Last year we had a big cold front push through the 2nd week in Oct. with little to NO migration to speak of

As far as snows go……I BELIEVE

flick
    Alma WI

Well I dont know where you hunt…but last year Wisconsin’s 2nd opener was right when that cold front pushed through…an there were birds galore on the Mississippi….We shot a 4 man limit of Mallards in a couple hours…….there was alot of divers down then too…

flick
    Alma WI

Well I dont know where you hunt…but last year Wisconsin’s 2nd opener was right when that cold front pushed through…an there were birds galore on the Mississippi….We shot a 4 man limit of Mallards in a couple hours…….there was alot of divers down then too…

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

I just got back from a week in West Central Manitoba and there were “tons” of ducks and Canada’s everywhere. More than last year by far. They were all locals too. A few snow flocks moved in three days before wqe got there – according to the local CO’s. There is a lot of water there and many places for the birds to sit, eat and rest. We saw flocks of mallards with litterllay “thousands” of birds in each flock. Very large numbers of Gad’s this year too. We primarily hunted Canada’s and ducks this last time (going again for another week on the 16th) while going for the mixed bag. Next time it will be greenheads only with snows and Canada’s. Yeah,… some birds may be moving, but it still is not cold enough there for any type of push yet. No reason to move! Check the weather there on the net. ….Way too nice still.
    Good hunting.
    Splitshot

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

I just got back from a week in West Central Manitoba and there were “tons” of ducks and Canada’s everywhere. More than last year by far. They were all locals too. A few snow flocks moved in three days before wqe got there – according to the local CO’s. There is a lot of water there and many places for the birds to sit, eat and rest. We saw flocks of mallards with litterllay “thousands” of birds in each flock. Very large numbers of Gad’s this year too. We primarily hunted Canada’s and ducks this last time (going again for another week on the 16th) while going for the mixed bag. Next time it will be greenheads only with snows and Canada’s. Yeah,… some birds may be moving, but it still is not cold enough there for any type of push yet. No reason to move! Check the weather there on the net. ….Way too nice still.
    Good hunting.
    Splitshot

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

I WAS OUT IN THE YARD THE OTHER DAY (FRENCH ISLAND) AND HEARD A FLOCK, I SAID TO MYSELF THAT SOUNDS LIKE SNOWS AND SURE ENOUGH WHEN I SAW THEM THEY WERE SNOWS HEADING TOWARDS LAKE ONALASKA, WE HAVE HUNTED NORTH DAKOTA FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS AND I DO KNOW WHAT SNOWS SOUND AND LOOK LIKE, I THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY COOL TO SEE A FLOCK COME THROUGH HERE AND WISH MORE WOULD COME THROUGH HERE, ANOTHER THING TO SEE FALL OUT OF THE SKY AND WATCH THE DOG GO AFTER THEM.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

I WAS OUT IN THE YARD THE OTHER DAY (FRENCH ISLAND) AND HEARD A FLOCK, I SAID TO MYSELF THAT SOUNDS LIKE SNOWS AND SURE ENOUGH WHEN I SAW THEM THEY WERE SNOWS HEADING TOWARDS LAKE ONALASKA, WE HAVE HUNTED NORTH DAKOTA FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS AND I DO KNOW WHAT SNOWS SOUND AND LOOK LIKE, I THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY COOL TO SEE A FLOCK COME THROUGH HERE AND WISH MORE WOULD COME THROUGH HERE, ANOTHER THING TO SEE FALL OUT OF THE SKY AND WATCH THE DOG GO AFTER THEM.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Seen a flock of cacklers down here in NE Iowa 2 days ago. One had a white bill! Looked exactly like the rest just had a white bill. Has anybody seen this befor.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Seen a flock of cacklers down here in NE Iowa 2 days ago. One had a white bill! Looked exactly like the rest just had a white bill. Has anybody seen this befor.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Went out this morning in the Spring Valley area and this after noon…this afternoon after the wind changed and it cooled down I saw ringnecks 2 flocks of snows and a lot more big ducks around to compared to our usal early season teal and woodie marathon. Heading out in the morning since I am having a rough time deer hunting and have no faith in my shot since i am now 0-2

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Went out this morning in the Spring Valley area and this after noon…this afternoon after the wind changed and it cooled down I saw ringnecks 2 flocks of snows and a lot more big ducks around to compared to our usal early season teal and woodie marathon. Heading out in the morning since I am having a rough time deer hunting and have no faith in my shot since i am now 0-2

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

It looks like we may actually get to see part or all if the flight this year! I will be heading to brainerd to hunt the river this weekend. I’ll let you guys know what we see.

Keep the post rolling.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

It looks like we may actually get to see part or all if the flight this year! I will be heading to brainerd to hunt the river this weekend. I’ll let you guys know what we see.

Keep the post rolling.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Well something is sturing up the ducks I was done by 715 this morning being picky too….shot two big woodies a teal and a drake ringneck….could have shot the geese but dunno not a big fan of shooting them unless theres no ducks. But I really think things are starting to move for the better I hope.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Well something is sturing up the ducks I was done by 715 this morning being picky too….shot two big woodies a teal and a drake ringneck….could have shot the geese but dunno not a big fan of shooting them unless theres no ducks. But I really think things are starting to move for the better I hope.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Where are you located Eric?

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Where are you located Eric?

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Spring valley Minnesota….half hour south of rochester

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Spring valley Minnesota….half hour south of rochester

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Could you be more specific, pond name, location, gps coordinates, etc.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.