Was THAT Guy yesterday.

• bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Launched out of North Hudson yesterday. Went out with a couple of buddies. Only about a dozen boats fishing hudson channel. Flow was ripping. Was actually pretty decent weather yesterday. Fishing was slow for us. We each caught 1 walleye. I caught the smallest at 16. Buddies got a 18 and 20 inch fish. No shorts. Had a decent day on the water until we headed in. My buddy went to get my car and trailer. Had to wait for another boat to launch. Finally loaded my boat but when my buddy tried to pull me out it was not going anywhere. I think my alternator went out and my battery drained. My drive train wouldn’t engage. Windows would not go up or down and my dash had more lights on than a Christmas tree. Oh and there was another boat waiting to launch. My buddy had to go home (3 blocks away) and get his truck. He pulled my truck and boat/trailer to his house. Not a great feeling blocking the landing on opening day.

AK Guy

Yeah, that’s something you can’t prep for. Hopefully the stink eyes weren’t too bad.

boone
    Woodbury, MN

Funny that battery had enough power to start the vehicle but then died on the ramp. If the alternator was bad, you should have had a warning light indicating that before everything died.

I had an alternator go out on my 2007 Honda Pilot last summer and a red battery indicator light came on before the battery was totally dead. I managed to limp into a car dealership. It killed on their lot and wouldn’t even turn over. The service manager put a power pack on it and it started right up. He lowered the hood enough to drive it into the shop with the power pack still hooked up to the battery. I wonder if that would have worked in your situation if you would have had a something like a Gooloo jump starter.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Yikes, not a good time for that to happen

Paulski

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Funny that battery had enough power to start the vehicle but then died on the ramp. If the alternator was bad, you should have had a warning light indicating that before everything died.

Yep, the warning light came on Friday night when I filled up the boat. So I put it on the charger over night. I live about a mile from the ramp so I thought I would take my chances. I also don’t think it helped when my buddy had to wait at the ramp to pull me out for quite a bit of time. I had replaced the alternator and battery about 8 months ago.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Nice to hear one of the seasoned guys made opener. I know you will be hammering the numbers soon. Damn, fried walleye sounds good right now!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.